Product Manager (Technical)
Marketing | Gold River, CA | Full Time
Synergex provides expert software consulting services and a suite of comprehensive developer tools designed for enterprise application development. Our diverse array of products and services continuously evolves to keep our Fortune 100 to small business customers’ global, industry-leading solutions competitive.
Synergex offers rewarding work in a challenging and fun team environment. With great benefits, access to personal and professional development opportunities, and interesting problems to solve, we’re quite a catch! If you’re a talented, highly motivated individual, we want you. Let this be the best job you’ve ever had.
We're looking for a driven individual who will help us drive the vision and execution of our products. This person will act as an intermediary between market/business requirements and development teams. They will bring new products (and extensions to existing products) to market by analyzing industry trends and customer and market data; defining strategy and requirements; establishing time schedules with development; and coordinating product releases with marketing, sales, and development. Additionally, they will be responsible for preventing roadblocks across teams to meet business objectives, project deadlines, and quality standards.
Strategy: Set a product vision and strategy.
- Determine product features by understanding industry direction and requirements, gathering market data and talking directly with technology partners, customers, and prospects.
- Evaluate competition by comparing Synergex's products and services to others.
- Recommend the nature and scope of new products and extensions to existing products/services based on market and competitive data, Synergex business objectives, and input from Synergex teams.
- Build consensus for strategic plan with development, sales, professional services, and other Synergex teams.
Ideation: Gather and promote the most relevant ideas into features.
- Explore new ways of improving and extending existing products and services.
- Identify and present innovative product and service solutions.
Roadmapping: Plan and prioritize what the product teams will deliver.
- Work with development to make sure market and product requirements are understood.
- Define and communicate product roadmap internally and externally.
Product creation: Track implementation.
- Monitor development projects to ensure continued alignment with strategy and roadmap.
- Address potential roadblocks that could affect deadlines or quality.
Go-to-market: Work with cross-functional teams to deliver a complete customer experience.
- Coordinate product releases with marketing, sales, and development teams.
- Define product marketing communication objectives.
- Produce tools and information to assist sales in positioning our products.
- Leverage technology partnerships and co-marketing campaigns.
Post-launch: Evaluate product success; sustain.
- Analyze customer adoption; get customer feedback.
- Monitor support needs.
- Ensure continued market penetration via campaigns for new releases and existing products.
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Provide product training and technical expertise to internal teams.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- 3+ years’ experience with an agile software development team as a program, project or product manager
- Experience as a technical lead
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Business and technical aptitude
- Experience deploying a product from strategy and ideation to launch
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience and working with stakeholders across many functions
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- High attention to detail including precise and effective feature specifications
- Customer value and market-driven mindset
- Knowledge of Visual Studio preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred
Employment Status: Exempt, full time
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Location: Gold River, CA