Admin | Gold River, CA | Full Time and Part Time
Facilitate our company culture by embodying Synergex’s core values while performing various human resources (HR) duties in areas such as recruiting, employment, compensation, benefits, training, and employee relations. Build and maintain influential relationships by being a strategic partner with management and an advocate for employees. Provide guidance on human resources operational issues and employment law, coordinate performance management, resolve employee relations issues, and develop new programs and initiatives to meet management needs. Serve as contact for employees and answer questions regarding HR policies and procedures.
Founded in 1976, Synergex is a technology company that provides our loyal customers with an extensive suite of evolving application development tools. In 2016, we proudly celebrated our 40th year in business — still committed to portability, providing access to emerging technologies, and enabling continued success for our customers by helping them to retain and build on the significant investment they’ve made in their applications. We are comprised of energetic and driven employees who excel in the company’s fun, team-oriented environment.
We need you to:
Recruitment and Hiring
- Use our established guidelines to recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conduct and/or acquire background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
Training and Development
- Provide necessary education and materials to managers and employees, including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Maintain mandated employee training records.
- Schedule new employee orientation and related training.
- Play a key role in establishing trust and facilitating a company culture in alignment with our core values.
- Partner with management to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Be a resource for conflict resolution.
- Advise managers on corrective action steps and provide guidance on employment-related issues.
- Maintain HR policy documents and handbooks that can be referred to by employees.
Compensation and Benefits Administration
- Keep up to date on trends in compensation and benefits.
- Provide day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees with any claim issues.
- Manage open enrollment process (including website); distribute all benefits enrollment materials and determine eligibility.
- Act as a liaison with our broker to schedule benefit orientations and other benefit training.
- Administer the 401(k) plan and complete yearly compliance reporting.
- Effectively interpret, process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, workers’ compensation, disability and FMLA.
Compliance and Reporting
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance. Ensure minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Perform record keeping and reporting functions, including file maintenance and incident/injury reporting.
General Administrative Support
- Manage employee recognition.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An extensive suite of evolving application development tools that companies use to develop powerful enterprise applications and mobile apps.
- Loyal, enthusiastic customers who appreciate our role as their technology partner.
- A positive, vibrant culture that promotes creativity and autonomy.
- An uber-talented team of dedicated employees.
- Advancement and continuing education opportunities.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer-matched 401K; 11 paid holidays, 15 vacation days (to start), and 9 sick days; onsite fitness center and wellness program; company-paid event sponsorships – past events have included Tough Mudder, CIM, and other local runs; and employee appreciation events (e.g., our annual American River raft trip, themed parties, and more).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in human resources, business, or organization development.
- 4+ years of experience in human resources positions.
- Thorough knowledge of California and Federal employment-related laws and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- A work and communication style that is detail-oriented and precise.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Capability to conduct work assignments of increasing complexity.
- Initiative and a proven ability to work both independently as well as with a team.
Employment Status: Full or Part-Time option
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Location: Gold River, CA