Education Specialist/Digital Producer
Education | Gold River, CA | Full Time
We are looking for an eager, detail-oriented person to join our education department. This role is responsible for helping drive our customer and employee education initiatives, producing digital technical training content, and managing our YouTube channels. This position works closely with many cross-department teams.
Founded in 1976, Synergex is a technology company that provides our loyal customers with an extensive suite of evolving application development tools. In 2016, we proudly celebrated our 40th year in business — still committed to portability, providing access to emerging technologies, and enabling continued success for our customers by helping them to retain and build on the significant investment they’ve made in their applications. We are comprised of energetic and driven employees who excel in the company’s fun, team-oriented environment.
We need you to:
- Produce and direct (and at times lend your voice to) commercial and corporate videos.
- Develop on-brand animations and graphics for all training-related digital materials.
- Work with subject matter experts to design scripts and presentations that promote our technologies and educate our customers and employees.
- Make technical content easier to understand.
- Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery.
- Provide live and recorded event production support and videography.
- Help coordinate and track educational opportunities for customers and employees (e.g., webinars, onsite classes, and lunch and learns).
- Collaborate with our professional services group, marketing, sales, development, and customer support departments, as well as industry experts.
- Build relationships with internal and external subject matter experts (e.g., industry experts, customers, technology partners).
- An extensive suite of evolving application development tools that companies use to develop powerful enterprise applications and mobile apps
- Loyal, enthusiastic customers who appreciate our role as their technology partner
- A positive, vibrant culture that promotes creativity and autonomy
- A seasoned and uber-talented team
- Advancement and continuing education opportunities
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer-matched 401K; 11 paid holidays, 15 vacation days (to start), and 9 sick days; onsite fitness center and wellness program; company paid event sponsorships – past events have included Tough Mudder, CIM, and other local runs; and employee appreciation events (e.g., our annual American River raft trip, themed parties, and more).
- An educational background in computer science/engineering, digital communications, English, broadcasting, cinematography, instructional design, or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience editing and directing videos (training/software industry preferred).
- Proven writing skills and excellent command of the English language.
- Familiarity and an interest in programming languages preferred.
- Experience filming videos or using screen capture software and with various video recording and editing equipment and software applications.
- Initiative and a proven ability to work both independently as well as with a team.
- A willingness to travel to our customer conference every 18 months.
Employment Status: Full Time
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Location: Gold River, CA