Developer Support Engineer
Customer Support | Gold River, CA | Full Time
Founded in 1976, Synergex is a technology company that provides our loyal customers with an extensive suite of evolving application development tools. In 2016, we proudly celebrated our 40th year in business — still committed to portability, providing access to emerging technologies, and enabling continued success for our customers by helping them to retain and build on the significant investment they’ve made in their applications. We are comprised of energetic and driven employees who excel in the company’s fun, team-oriented environment.
As the Developer Support Engineer, this position is responsible for providing exceptional technical product support worldwide to all Synergy customers. This includes troubleshooting, problem-solving, and making general recommendations on the use of Synergy products. Developer Support Engineers contribute to team projects, staff meetings, technical education content, and other assigned tasks. This position works closely with many cross-department teams.
We need you to:
- Be comfortable communicating via email, phone, and video calls as you will be providing first-line support for our global community of Synergy/DE software developers.
- Be professional and courteous at all times and exceed customer expectations whenever possible.
- Be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used within software development and follow those that are adopted by Synergex.
- Become an expert in the Synergy/DE development products so that you can identify, research, and troubleshoot technical issues for our customers.
- Document, track, and monitor issues in Salesforce to ensure timely resolutions.
- Use experience, judgment, and technical skills to develop test plans, test environments, write code samples, and other tasks as applicable to resolve or escalate support issues (with instruction where required).
- Recognize when customer interactions are becoming difficult and seek guidance from or escalate issues to the support manager.
- Contribute to a technical knowledge base, write technical articles, blogs, and assist with creating other technical educational content.
- Work professionally and build relationships with internal and external subject matter experts to provide world-class technical support.
- Collaborate with our sales, development, education, and customer service departments as well as our professional services group.
- An educational background in computer science/engineering or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience providing exceptional customer service (software industry preferred).
- Superior communication skills including proven writing skills and an excellent command of the English language.
- Experience using Visual Studio or other modern IDE and at least one object-oriented programming language.
- Initiative and a proven ability to work both independently as well as with a team.
- A willingness to work very occasional night or weekend on-call shifts.
- A willingness to travel on average up to one week per year.
- An extensive suite of evolving application development tools that companies use to develop powerful enterprise applications and mobile apps.
- Loyal, enthusiastic customers who appreciate our role as their technology partner.
- A positive, vibrant culture that promotes creativity and autonomy.
- An uber-talented team of dedicated employees.
- Advancement and continuing education opportunities.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer-matched 401K; 11 paid holidays, 15 vacation days (to start), and 9 sick days; onsite fitness center and wellness program; company-paid event sponsorships – past events have included Tough Mudder, CIM, and other local runs; and employee appreciation events (e.g., our annual American River raft trip, themed parties, and more).