Consulting Project Manager (Remote)
Professional Services | Gold River, CA | Full Time
Working under the supervision of the Vice President of Professional Services, the Project Manager is directly responsible for the success of client engagement projects. The Project Manager works as project leader on client engagements including but not limited to platform migration, user interface migration, service layer development, application development, and client retainer projects.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in managing enterprise-level technology projects. They will be motivated by a desire to help businesses achieve their goals and be comfortable with multiple ongoing projects, working remotely or at a customer’s office.
- Utilizes project management skills of leadership, communication, presentation, time management, organization and planning to achieve client's goals and advance their software applications.
- Balances time, money and scope of projects and prioritizes task to ensure timely execution of projects from start to finish.
- Estimates time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement project.
- Develops project plans incorporating the project variables into Statements of Work SOW).
- Manages all project resources (internal, external, and client) to perform tasks according to plan; sets expectations concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs.
- Conducts periodic status checks with customers and team to assess progress against the plan.
- Performs re-forecasts of project variables as necessary throughout project.
- Prepares weekly and monthly status reports on all project activities and issues.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work primarily from home with 25%+ travel to client sites.
- Clients are dispersed geographically, primarily spanning time zones from Greenwich Mean Time through Pacific Time. Therefore, preferred availability is 7 AM to 4 PM Eastern Time to bridge the various time zones.
- An extensive suite of evolving application development tools that companies use to develop powerful enterprise applications and mobile apps.
- Loyal, enthusiastic customers who appreciate our role as their technology partner.
- A positive, vibrant culture that promotes creativity and autonomy.
- A seasoned and uber-talented team.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer-matched 401K; 11 paid holidays, 12 vacation days (to start), and 9 sick days.
- Working knowledge of project management techniques and procedures including Waterfall and Agile/Scrum. Professional certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of project management tools such as Microsoft DevOps and Atlasslan Suite.
Desired, not required:
- Knowledge of Synergy/DE products.
- Knowledge of the operating system platforms on which Synergy/DE can be deployed, e.g. .NET, Windows, OpenVMS and Linux.
- Knowledge of non-Synergy/DE software development products (e.g., Visual Studio, C#, Java, SQL, Web-development tools and Source Code Management tools).
Employment Status: Full Time
Salary: Competitive DOE
Location: Gold River, (Remote)