Consulting Project Manager
Professional Services | Gold River, CA | Full Time
Revenue-generating analyst on multiple concurrent client projects. Responsible for understanding and documenting customer needs and requests, and transforming these into functional design documents intended for use as developer blueprints, and Statements of Work for customer approval. Designs range from simple to complex, involving multiple products and computer environments.
Working under the supervision of a Project Manager, the Business Analyst is responsible for the accurate capturing of customer needs, in both pre- and post-sales situations, communicated via various documents such as Sales Proposals, Statements of Work, and Business Requirements Documents. The Business Analyst is a key member of a PSG project team, as the accurate transcription of customer requirements is essential to success of client engagement projects. The Business Analyst will work closely with customers and PSG consultants, acting as a liaison between the customer and development team, on PSG client engagements including but not limited to platform migration, User Interface migration, service layer development, application development, database and client retainer (Staff Augmentation) projects. For most projects, this will involve at least one trip to the customer site.
- Utilizes skills of listening, written and verbal communication, presentation, organization and planning to successfully advance client’s applications through insightful and accurate documentation of customer requirements.
- Creates detailed requirements documents that provide input to the technical design of complex software applications.
- Participates throughout the software development process in quality assurance to ensure software developed meets the needs described.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work primarily from home with 25%+ travel to client sites.
- The ideal candidate should be able to work equally effectively in an office environment, in a home office, and at a client site.
- Synergex clients are dispersed geographically, primarily spanning time zones from Greenwich Mean Time through Pacific Time. Therefore, preferred availability is 7 AM to 4 PM Eastern Time to bridge the various time zones.
- Must be self-motivated with good communication skills and the ability to deal with customers on a professional level.
- An extensive suite of evolving application development tools that companies use to develop powerful enterprise applications and mobile apps.
- Loyal, enthusiastic customers who appreciate our role as their technology partner.
- A positive, vibrant culture that promotes creativity and autonomy.
- A seasoned and uber-talented team.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer-matched 401K; 11 paid holidays, 12 vacation days (to start), and 9 sick days.
- At least five years in a similar role as part of a software development team.
- Excellent writing skills are required to clearly explain customer needs accurately.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
Desired, not required:
- Knowledge of Synergy/DE products
- Knowledge of the operating system platforms on which Synergy/DE can be deployed, e.g. .NET, Windows, OpenVMS and Linux.
- Knowledge of non-Synergy/DE software development products (e.g., Visual Studio, C#, Java, SQL, Web-development tools and Source Code Management tools).
Employment Status: Full Time
Salary: Salary starting at 80k with amazing benefits
Location: Gold River