Software Engineer Bay Area
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
New Grad Software Engineer
Syllable is a Series B funded startup company in Sunnyvale, California. We develop intelligent assistance through text and voice using natural language for high-value interactions. The initial product focus is in the healthcare sector. We’re in production and working with large hospital systems. Syllable uses artificial intelligence to improve the patient experience and help healthcare systems deliver better care. Our artificial intelligence has been trained to understand the interactions between patients and the healthcare system, as well as the interactions between staff within the healthcare system.
Our mission is to provide intelligent assistance with machine learning technology for interactions between an organization and an individual that involves multiple human participants.
Syllable currently develops technology in the following areas:
- Decision tree understanding
- Information extraction and semantic parsing
- Language understanding and dialog building
- Machine learning and theory formation
- Question answering
- Visual knowledge extraction and automated visual understanding
- Task understanding and automated workflows
As a Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for architecting, building, and maintaining the applications and backend services that will power our customer experience. This includes:
- Designing and building backend systems and APIs to power web applications
- Designing and building modern and responsive web applications using state of the art web application frameworks
- Building out our technical infrastructure to meet the demands of a growing user base
- Taking ownership over projects end to end, bringing them from vision to reality
- Working with product owners from creation of vision to QA of final product
- Establish best practices for our codebase, building reusable, testable, scalable and well documented code.
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with markup languages such as HTML
- Experience with structured data development using data representations in XML or JSON
- Web application development experience
- Experience developing customer-facing software
- Experience with a software development and release cycle
Our work environment focuses on the following core values
- We value diversity of thought and believe diverse backgrounds and different approaches to problem-solving can contribute to our mission
- We are a learning organization and we strive, with empathy, to help the customers we serve as we build better human-computer interfaces
- We are collaborative and transparent and respect our customers. We believe transparency is critical to serving our industries
- We work diligently to create a workplace that supports work/life balance. As a team we want our work ethic to include serving the needs of our families at home
Thank you for your consideration.