School Solutions Coordinator
Sales | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
On average, U.S. students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical school year. That means our students have substitute teachers for more than six months of their K-12 school career. The problem? We're suffering from a national shortage of substitute teachers.
Swing Education is focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. We make it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.) and we help subs find jobs, gain experience and build their professional network.
Swing Education is a revenue generating, Series A, YC company (through ImagineK12).
As the first School Solutions Associate at Swing Education, you will own the top of our school sales funnel.
You will be Swing Education’s lead-generation guru. Day-to-day you will find and generate lists of prospective school customers, contact those prospects, determine how we can best solve their substitute teacher needs, and schedule follow-up meetings with our sales representatives. You will develop relationships with educators, approaching their problems with empathy and an eye towards how Swing Education can help. You will be tasked with developing and executing on plans to meet aggressive lead-generation goals.
In addition, as one of the first hires on the School Solutions team, you will be helping to create the School Solutions Associate function from the ground up. You will use your experience in sales and marketing or education along with your learnings from the sales front-lines to help drive the strategic direction of the team.
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about talking to and empathizing with educators and administrators, who excel at using tools to track work and data to make decisions.
- Reaching out to prospects via phone and email on a daily basis to help shepherd them through the top of the sales funnel
- Finding and compiling lists of potential school customers; meeting ambitious lead-generation targets
- Developing a deep understanding of the needs of prospective customers and of how our product and offerings can help; qualifying prospects which Swing Education is best positioned to help
- Scheduling and overseeing handoff of qualified leads to sales representatives
- Forecasting outcomes and tracking the effectiveness of lead generation efforts; proposing and implementing data-driven improvements to these efforts
- Communicating your learnings about customer needs to the product team to inform the development and improvement of Swing Education’s offering
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is an excellent communicator and listener in-person as well as via phone and email
- Is empathetic and friendly, and enjoys connecting with new people
- Is persistent, organized, and goal oriented; Has a laser focus on getting things done and not letting things slip through the cracks
- Is very comfortable with CRM systems, and can track data and use it to support ideas and inform behavior
- Is always on the look-out for ways to be better, both personally and as a company
- Has 1+ years enterprise sales experience
- Experience in education a plus
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience. Base salary plus commission.
Swing Education is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.