Sales Development Representative, East Coast (NJ / DC - Remote)
Sales | Newark, NJ | Full Time
On average, U.S. students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical school year. That means our students have substitute teachers for more than six months of their K-12 school career. The problem? We're suffering from a national shortage of substitute teachers.
Swing Education is focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. We make it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.) and we help subs find jobs, gain experience and build their professional network.
Swing Education is a revenue generating, Series A, YC company (through ImagineK12).
As the first East Coast Sales Development Representative, you will own the top of our school sales funnel on the East Coast.
You will be part of the small East Coast Swing Team, charged with growing revenue in the our existing regions (Washington DC and New Jersey) and eventually leading expansion into new regions.
You will be Swing Education’s lead-generation guru. Day-to-day you will find and generate lists of prospective school customers, contact those prospects, determine how we can best solve their substitute teacher needs, and schedule follow-up meetings with our East Coast Sales Manager. You will develop relationships with educators, approaching their problems with empathy and an eye towards how Swing Education can help. You will be tasked with developing and executing on plans to meet aggressive lead-generation goals.
You will be leading the way to make a name for Swing in this market and help to build team culture from the ground up. You will use your experience in sales and education along with your learnings from the sales front-lines to help drive the strategic direction of the team.
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about talking to and empathizing with educators and administrators, who excel at using tools to track work and data to make decisions.
- Qualify inbound leads.
- Make outbound calls to District-level administrators and School Superintendents to qualify leads.
- Conduct thoughtful research on target accounts in order to turn cold calls into warm calls.
- Using your creativity and excellent communication skills, initiate quality conversations with target accounts.
- Forecasting outcomes and tracking the effectiveness of lead generation efforts; proposing and implementing data-driven improvements to these efforts
- Schedule qualified business appointments for your field sales representative.
- Collaborate with your field sales rep to develop a target account plan; meeting ambitious lead-generation targets
- Make on-site visits to school district offices to initiate conversations with administrators. Average travel time is 25% - 30% per quarter.
- Communicating your learnings about customer needs to the product team to inform the development and improvement of Swing Education’s offering
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is an excellent communicator and listener in-person as well as via phone and email
- Is empathetic and friendly, and enjoys connecting with new people
- Is persistent, organized, and goal oriented; Has a laser focus on getting things done and not letting things slip through the cracks
- Is very comfortable with CRM systems, and can track data and use it to support ideas and inform behavior
- Is always on the look-out for ways to be better, both personally and as a company
- Has 1+ years enterprise sales experience
- Experience in education a plus
- Medical/dental benefits
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Stock options
- 401k match
- Mission-driven work
- Fun, collaborative, balanced culture
Swing Education is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.