Regional Sales Manager, Northern CA
Sales | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
On average, U.S. students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical school year. That means our students have substitute teachers for more than six months of their K-12 school career. The problem? We're suffering from a national shortage of substitute teachers.
Swing Education is focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. We make it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.) and we help subs find jobs, gain experience and build their professional network.
Swing Education is a revenue generating, Series A, YC company (through ImagineK12).
As the Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for Swing’s entire Northern California operations.
You will manage the Northern California Swing Team, and will be charged with growing revenue in the our existing regions (the Bay Area, Sacramento, Modesto, Stockton) and leading expansion into new Northern California regions.
You will be Swing Education’s closer and revenue driver. As the head of sales in Northern California you will report to the National Sales Director. Day-to-day you will field meetings set up for you by your team and you will be in charge of closing deals with schools and districts to meet aggressive growth goals. You will develop relationships with educators, approaching their problems with empathy and an eye towards how Swing Education can help. Furthermore, you will monitor the dynamics of all NorCal marketplaces and you will coordinate with the substitute recruiting team to most efficiently address needs as they arise.
As the leader of the Northern California team, you will be cultivating a supportive, curious, and driven culture within your team. You will use your experience in sales and marketing or education along with your learnings from the sales frontlines to help drive the strategic direction of the company as a whole.
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about talking to and empathizing with educators and administrators, who excel at using tools to track work and data to make decisions.
- Managing the Northern California sales team
- Closing deals with School customers in Northern California; meeting revenue targets in existing regions, and eventually leading expansion into new regions
- Developing a deep understanding of the needs of prospective customers and of how our product and offerings can help; Building upon the post-sale client relationship by learning the client’s goals, needs, and initiatives and by providing value in all interactions
- Forecasting outcomes and tracking the effectiveness of lead generation efforts; proposing and implementing data-driven improvements to these efforts
- Developing a solid understanding of the political and market issues that may impact schools and districts within your assigned territory
- Communicating your learnings about customer needs to the product team to inform the development and improvement of Swing Education’s offering
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is an excellent communicator and listener in-person as well as via phone and email
- Is empathetic and friendly, and enjoys connecting with new people
- Is persistent, organized, and goal oriented; Has a laser focus on getting things done and not letting things slip through the cracks
- Is very comfortable with CRM systems, and can track data and use it to support ideas and inform behavior
- Uses data to inform their opinions and decisions
- Is always on the lookout for ways to be better, both personally and as a company
- Has 5+ years enterprise sales experience
- Experience K -12 education highly preferred
- Medical/dental benefits
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Stock options
- 401k match
- Maternity/Paternity leave benefits
- A stocked kitchen and unlimited caffeine
- Mission-driven work
- Fun, collaborative, balanced culture
Swing Education is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.