Product Manager/UX Designer
Product | Portland, OR | Full Time
Swan Island Networks has been developing situational awareness and alerting software for over a decade. Swan Island's TX360® software platform helps companies make faster, better informed decisions in mission critical situations. Our SaaS products are used by corporate security groups on a day-to-day basis for monitoring physical threats. Today our products are right in the middle of helping companies navigate disruptions due to wildfire season, COVID-19, the Inauguration and more.
Swan Island Networks began as a software engineering lab working with the US government, focusing on R&D programs. Today our primary focus is on incident and crisis management for the large enterprise market. A career at Swan Island Networks will give you insights into the world of corporate security and risk management.
Swan Island is hiring a Product Manager to drive an agile vision for our product development. This position will require learning about the physical security and risk management space, our primary users are intelligence analysts and executives of enterprise businesses. The ideal candidate will be comfortable designing the user interface and experience for a web-based single page application. Familiarity with the capabilities of web UI frameworks like Sencha ExtJS is a plus. Our sprints are short, and development is rapid and iterative. Each member of our small team wears many hats and is comfortable testing and increasing our respective skill sets. You should be too. Easy no-drama collaboration is crucial to maintaining our fast pace, so affability is a big asset!
- Must have experience designing web-based SaaS products.
- Able to create mock-ups, wire frames, workflows using tools like Sketch, OmniGraffle or equivalent.
- Should be familiar with developing user interfaces for interactive web applications, preferably single page apps.
- Aware of the latest web technologies and trends to ensure designs are modern and functional.
- Approach product design holistically to help us provide a consistent experience to our customers.
- Enjoy engaging with customers and partners to learn about their problems.
- Sencha ExtJS 4.x - 7.x
- Single Page Applications
- OmniGraffle, Sketch
- Agile/Scrum Methodology
- Consumer mapping and GIS such as LeafletJS/Bing Maps/Google Maps/ESRI