Operations (Fulfillment) | Arlington Heights, IL | Full Time
Check out SVM, a recently certified Great Place to Work®!
We help our customers provide the right rewards that incent and motivate in an efficient and reliable way, consistently. SVM is the leading global provider of gift and prepaid card solutions for businesses. We offer one-stop-shopping for more than 250 in-demand gift card brands, including ExxonMobil, Chevron/Texaco, Sunoco, BP, ConocoPhillips, Wal-Mart, Target, T.G.I. Fridays, Toys "R" Us, Dunkin Donuts, Walgreens and many more.
In addition to traditional gift and prepaid cards, we provide fulfillment services, promotional cards, award codes, eGift, mobile, reloadable cards and many other innovative solutions. Our turnkey options allow retailers of all sizes to outsource their card programs, or portions thereof, to SVM. Our core competencies include B2B, Internet and retail sales, card management services, third party fulfillment, direct shipments, dedicated account management and professional customer support.
SVM prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status and unfavorable military discharge, genetic information or any other protected category. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers. It is the policy of the Company to recruit, hire, promote, reassign, compensate, train, transfer, layoff, educate, and provide benefits to qualified persons without regard to the protected categories listed above.
- The Returns Specialist is responsible for the efficient management of our card returns process. Returns are managed using an internal database while updating all parties involved on the status of returns and further action needed. Additionally, this role performs a variety of operational and administrative duties that support the company and the operational team’s commitment to quality.
- As part of an Order Processing team in a fast-paced environment, responsible for the management of all cards returned to our facility. Must follow the return process through the entire cycle to ensure inventory is not impacted in any way while processing;
- Expected to deliver accuracy and quality with each card that is handled;
- Prepare proper documentation for each return including scans, copies and attachments;
- Distribute other mail items throughout the office;
- Performs packing and shipping functions for orders to ensure customers receive their purchase;
- Ability to manage daily work flow and operate independently and in coordination with the team to get the work completed;
- Ability to work well with a diverse cross-departmental team;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
Job Knowledge, Skills and Prior Experience:
- Experience in office administration or data entry;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – English required;
- Ability to use and navigate Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Basic math skills (testing required); with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong research and application skills;
- Positive attitude, confident, professional presence;
- Ability to work productively without constant direct supervision and remain available to respond to email communications as needed;
- Dependable, punctual, and flexible;
- Ability to learn multiple proprietary computer systems
- Spanish speaking and/or writing is a plus.
- Knowledge of Smartsheet application is a plus.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 50% of the time; needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. Frequently communicates with staff. Must be able to see close objects including, but not limited to, card numbers, computer screens and written reports. Ability to lift and move boxes of mail, and copy paper up to 50 pounds.
- SVM offers a full complement of benefits that matter to you!
- Medical FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-paid basic life and AD&D
- Voluntary life for you, spouse and child(ren)
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401k with matching contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Wellness program
- Onsite gym (Arlington Heights location only)
- Philanthropic opportunities