Order Entry Clerk
Accounting | Woodridge, IL | Full Time
Check out SVM, a recently certified Great Place to Work®!
We help our customers provide the right rewards that incent and motivate in an efficient and reliable way, consistently. SVM is the leading global provider of gift and prepaid card solutions for businesses. We offer one-stop-shopping for more than 250 in-demand gift card brands, including ExxonMobil, Chevron/Texaco, Sunoco, BP, ConocoPhillips, Wal-Mart, Target, T.G.I. Fridays, Toys "R" Us, Dunkin Donuts, Walgreens and many more.
In addition to traditional gift and prepaid cards, we provide fulfillment services, promotional cards, award codes, eGift, mobile, reloadable cards and many other innovative solutions. Our turnkey options allow retailers of all sizes to outsource their card programs, or portions thereof, to SVM. Our core competencies include B2B, Internet and retail sales, card management services, third party fulfillment, direct shipments, dedicated account management and professional customer support.
SVM prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status and unfavorable military discharge, genetic information or any other protected category. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers. It is the policy of the Company to recruit, hire, promote, reassign, compensate, train, transfer, layoff, educate, and provide benefits to qualified persons without regard to the protected categories listed above.
The Order Entry Clerk is responsible for reviewing over 50 orders daily for accuracy, entering customer information into SVM’s internal database, and resolving failed items. The Order Entry Clerk will send completed orders to the fulfillment warehouse. This position supports our Accounting department.
Required qualifications, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Primarily responsible for data entry, working closely with the Accounting department
- Review customer orders for accuracy and insure that all customer account information is filled out properly
- Prepare and enter all daily orders in the internal ordering system and send orders to fulfillment houses
- File documents
- Download reports and format for management review
- Follow up on any failed items
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently, quickly and accurately
- Must be proficient in MS Excel
- Strong typing skills (50 wpm)
- High school or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 50% of the time; needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.; Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer; frequently communicates with staff and vendors; must be able to see close objects including, but not limited to, computer screens and written reports.