Operations Support Developer
IT | Woodridge, IL | Full Time
Check out SVM, a recently certified Great Place to Work®!
We help our customers provide the right rewards that incent and motivate in an efficient and reliable way, consistently. SVM is the leading global provider of gift and prepaid card solutions for businesses. We offer one-stop-shopping for more than 250 in-demand gift card brands, including ExxonMobil, Chevron/Texaco, Sunoco, BP, ConocoPhillips, Wal-Mart, Target, T.G.I. Fridays, Toys "R" Us, Dunkin Donuts, Walgreens and many more.
In addition to traditional gift and prepaid cards, we provide fulfillment services, promotional cards, award codes, eGift, mobile, reloadable cards and many other innovative solutions. Our turnkey options allow retailers of all sizes to outsource their card programs, or portions thereof, to SVM. Our core competencies include B2B, Internet and retail sales, card management services, third party fulfillment, direct shipments, dedicated account management and professional customer support.
SVM prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status and unfavorable military discharge, genetic information or any other protected category. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers. It is the policy of the Company to recruit, hire, promote, reassign, compensate, train, transfer, layoff, educate, and provide benefits to qualified persons without regard to the protected categories listed above.
- Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this person will provide support for a payment systems product platform. In this role, the Operations Support Developer (OSD) will manage prescribed, scheduled processes making sure they complete accurately. This OSD will investigate and resolve payment platform exceptions. The OSD will provide business users with access to requested data.
- Monitor all existing production software operations and processes to determine if they have run successfully and respond when there are exceptions
- Manage legacy code bases to support updates as needed across multiple platforms and technologies
- Actively communicate and work directly with non-technical business resources to understand needs quickly and translate those needs into technical solutions
- Analyze requirements, data, processes and financial considerations to design secure and effective business solutions
- Develop data access strategies for providing business data as requested across multiple legacy systems
- Investigate and collaborate internally and externally to resolve integration related system issues
- Utilize existing documentation to drive process and enhancements as needed
- Maintain adherence to development processes and secure coding standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent 4 years of professional and/or military experience
Job Knowledge, Skills and Prior Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in custom application support development role preferably with non-technical user support experience
- Experienced day-to-day operational support of financial/payment solutions in a self-directed environment
- Strong analytical, software debugging and general problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in heterogeneous code environments with code sourced from multiple resources and limited documentation
- Able to review and follow application deployment processes in a high-risk production environment and define new procedures as needed
- Able to creatively identify ways to mine data out of large datasets as requested by the business
- Comfortable following development processes and adhering to secure coding standards
- Able to take requests and turn them into actionable items and solutions
- Effective communicator both in written (documents, diagrams, presentations) and verbal formats – can communicate technical information to non-technical audience
- Bash scripting
- SOAP APIs
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 50% of the time; needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. Frequently communicates with staff and vendors. Must be able to see close objects including, but not limited to, card numbers, computer screens and written reports..
- SVM offers a full complement of benefits that matter to you!
- Medical FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-paid basic life and AD&D
- Voluntary life for you, spouse and child(ren)
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401k with matching contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Wellness program
- Onsite gym (Arlington Heights location only)
- Philanthropic opportunities