Online Customer Care Specialist
Customer Service | Arlington Heights, IL | Full Time
Check out SVM, a recently certified Great Place to Work®!
We help our customers provide the right rewards that incent and motivate in an efficient and reliable way, consistently. SVM is the leading global provider of gift and prepaid card solutions for businesses. We offer one-stop-shopping for more than 250 in-demand gift card brands, including ExxonMobil, Chevron/Texaco, Sunoco, BP, ConocoPhillips, Wal-Mart, Target, T.G.I. Fridays, Dunkin Donuts, Walgreens and many more.
In addition to traditional gift and prepaid cards, we provide fulfillment services, promotional cards, award codes, eGift, mobile, reloadable cards and many other innovative solutions. Our turnkey options allow retailers of all sizes to outsource their card programs, or portions thereof, to SVM. Our core competencies include B2B, Internet and retail sales, card management services, third party fulfillment, direct shipments, dedicated account management and professional customer support.
SVM prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status and unfavorable military discharge, genetic information or any other protected category. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers. It is the policy of the Company to recruit, hire, promote, reassign, compensate, train, transfer, layoff, educate, and provide benefits to qualified persons without regard to the protected categories listed above.
- This position is responsible for the efficient management of administrative duties related specifically to our online customer care division as well as the customer experience specifically through email and other correspondence.
- Answering customer questions, assist with card activation/deactivation issues, and problem solving with the Customer Service team to successfully resolve all customer initiated contact within established time limits;
- Assist with processing refunds, replacement orders and cancellations;
- Contacting customers as a courtesy follow up on successfully delivered orders;
- Handle the customer contact on returned orders;
- Use system applications to review and detect potentially fraudulent activity;
- Expected to deliver “World Class Customer Service” at all times;
- Prepare letters, documents, reports, and presentations according to agreed expectations;
- Cross train in other areas as needed;
- Contribute to a team culture by accomplishing common goals;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Prior Experience:
- Successful experience in the service industry is strongly preferred with a passion for building customer loyalty - excellent customer service skills and focus;
- Exceptional problem solving and relationship building skills;
- Ability to identify a customer’s needs to achieve a satisfactory resolution;
- Strong written communication skills – English required;
- Ability to use and navigate Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Basic math skills (testing required);
- Positive, confident, professional presence through written communication;
- Ability to work productively without constant direct supervision and manage time efficiently;
- Dependable, punctual and detail oriented.
- Spanish speaking and/or writing.
- Knowledge of the Smartsheet platform.
- Basic understanding of the eBay platform.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 50% of the time; needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. Frequently communicates with staff and vendors. Must be able to see close objects including, but not limited to, card numbers, computer screens and written reports..
- SVM offers a full complement of benefits that matter to you!
- Medical FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-paid basic life and AD&D
- Voluntary life for you, spouse and child(ren)
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401k with matching contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Wellness program
- Onsite gym (Arlington Heights location only)
- Philanthropic opportunities