Customer Care Specialist
Customer Service | Woodridge, IL | Full Time
Check out SVM, a recently certified Great Place to Work®!
We help our customers provide the right rewards that incent and motivate in an efficient and reliable way, consistently. SVM is the leading global provider of gift and prepaid card solutions for businesses. We offer one-stop-shopping for more than 250 in-demand gift card brands, including ExxonMobil, Chevron/Texaco, Sunoco, BP, ConocoPhillips, Wal-Mart, Target, T.G.I. Fridays, Toys "R" Us, Dunkin Donuts, Walgreens and many more.
In addition to traditional gift and prepaid cards, we provide fulfillment services, promotional cards, award codes, eGift, mobile, reloadable cards and many other innovative solutions. Our turnkey options allow retailers of all sizes to outsource their card programs, or portions thereof, to SVM. Our core competencies include B2B, Internet and retail sales, card management services, third party fulfillment, direct shipments, dedicated account management and professional customer support.
SVM prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status and unfavorable military discharge, genetic information or any other protected category. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers. It is the policy of the Company to recruit, hire, promote, reassign, compensate, train, transfer, layoff, educate, and provide benefits to qualified persons without regard to the protected categories listed above.
- This position is responsible for the efficient management of a quality customer experience primarily through e-mails, with some telephone calls and other communication vehicles in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Additionally, performs a variety of operational and administrative duties that support the company and the presentation of a professional office.
- As part of a Customer Service team in a fast-paced environment, responsible for answering client questions regarding cardholders, and cardholder escalations from the 3rd party call center;
- Expected to deliver professional “World Class Customer Service” at all times;
- Prepare letters, documents, & reports for internal and external client support;
- Verify activations and process replacement orders as needed;
- Performs printing and shipping functions for some card programs;
- Ability to manage daily work flow and operate independently and in coordination with the team to get the work completed daily;
- Ability to work well with a diverse team
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Advanced training/education is a plus.
- Successful experience in the service industry is preferred with a passion for building customer loyalty - excellent customer service skills and focus;
- Exceptional listening and relationship building skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – English required;
- Ability to use and navigate Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Basic math skills (testing required); with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude, confident, professional presence with ability to convey a smile over the phone;
- Ability to work productively without constant direct supervision and remain available to take calls for extended periods of time;
- Dependable, punctual, and flexible;
- Ability to learn multiple proprietary computer systems
- Ability to speak and / or write in Spanish is a plus!
Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 50% of the time; needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. Frequently communicates with staff and vendors. Must be able to see close objects including, but not limited to, card numbers, computer screens and written reports.
- SVM offers a full complement of benefits that matter to you!
- Medical FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-paid basic life and AD&D
- Voluntary life for you, spouse and child(ren)
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401k with matching contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Wellness program
- Onsite gym (Arlington Heights location only)
- Philanthropic opportunities