Associate Product Manager
Product & Business Development | Chicago, IL | Full Time
The company is a national manufacturer and distributor of respiratory products headquartered in downtown Chicago. It has been ranked among the fastest-growing companies in the U.S. and top 20 fastest-growing in Chicago.
To employees, we offer an exciting, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment. We attract and develop highly motivated and competitive, results-oriented individuals. We reward performance with increasing responsibility and compensation, regardless of tenure or experience.
Our people are passionate about life, at work and outside it. Their energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to driving performance every day is the key to our continued growth and success.
This is an ideal opportunity for a highly-motivated and energetic individual to become part of an expanding organization.
- Responsible for supporting the Product Manager in researching, developing, and launching new products. Responds to company initiatives by driving new products to meet customer needs. Assists in identifying new product categories and business opportunities within the Homecare/DME space.
- Driving a portfolio/list of new product projects
- Meet with sales team, customers, and suppliers regarding new product initiatives and market trends
- Ensures that labeling and marketing match product specifications and regulatory requirements
- Create and maintaining project schedules as required per relevant departmental Procedures
- Work closely with Engineering, Marketing, Regulatory, Purchasing, and Quality groups to ensure input and representation in the development process
- Work to ensure prototypes and samples, supplier and manufacturing activities are scheduled and tracked appropriately
- Contribute to product prioritization decisions
- Build strong informal and formal communication channels with new and existing suppliers
- Function as the primary point-of-contact across the organization on product projects designated the lead on
- Conduct market demand analyses and work with sales to determine new product pricing, initial buy quantities, and sales forecasts
- Work with Marketing and Quality to create specific product designs and color schemes, as well as packaging labels, IFU’s, and retail/packaging concepts
- Ensure successful sales launch of products designated the lead on
- Stay up to date on competitor product launches and market/industry developments
- Identify, qualify, and establish new relationships with potential vendors who are relevant for new products or business initiatives, and cross-identify opportunities to setup backup or alternative vendors
- Attend trade shows, both domestically and internationally
- Maintain a close relationship with Quality to ensure vendor and product documentation is approved
- Have a strong working knowledge of the product categories’ key items and the functions they serve for patients/end users
- Evaluate product samples to ensure they meet internal and external standards
- Identify test facilities and arrange testing to ensure products perform to standards
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Creative thinking and the ability to work well both in a team and on one’s own
- Comfortable with all phases of the product lifecycle including idea generation, concept development and testing, design, and product launch
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful with the ability to deal with conflict and drive to solution
- Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
- Ability to handle ambiguity effectively and oversee multiple projects at once
- Knowledge of product strategy and business management preferred
- Experience in analyzing tradeoffs between product features, customer needs/requirements and cost
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, set actionable goals and drive metrics and execution
- Experience involved in product development life cycle and launch of products
- Medical experience preferred
- Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously; must work well under pressure, be flexible, and meet deadlines
- Energetic and balanced person with a drive for results, who feels accountable, has a great attitude, and is a team-player; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Desired project tools experience includes SAP, Excel, SharePoint, Microsoft Project
- BS or equivalent with product management, onboarding, and lifecycle work experience preferred
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. The duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, and working conditions may change without notice at the sole discretion of the Company.