Development | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
About the Company
Come join the winning team at SummerHill Homes as a Development Manager. SummerHill Homes, founded in 1976 is headquartered in San Ramon and also has an office in Palo Alto. SummerHill develops and builds upscale in-fill single and multi-family residential communities in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. With revenues of over $300 million annually, SummerHill Homes is a member of the nationally acclaimed Marcus & Millichap family of companies. We are poised for dramatic growth and are currently in need of a strong, experienced and highly professional Development Manager.
Job Description: The Development Manager is responsible for directing and implementing all aspects of the project business plan for the projects that he/she is responsible for. Projects range from large, for-sale homes to small, single family entry-level products, and multi-story apartment projects. The Development Manager will direct the consulting team for the project. This position works from the SummerHill office in Palo Alto, CA.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Project planning and feasibility analysis
- Project budgeting and forecasting
- Product design and engineering
- Formation of the HOA and BRE approvals
- Managing the entitlement process, the schedule and acquiring all approvals
- Coordination with internal construction, sales and accounting teams to ensure accurate implementation of the project business plan
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; an advanced degree is welcome but not required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years entitlement, planning and /or land acquisition experience
- Strong knowledge of product, development and entitlements; alternatively, over 5 years of experience with a home building company
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Ability work well with a diverse team with diverse needs and must possess a “can-do” attitude
- Good organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks at same time and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for budgets and schedules