Survey / GPS Engineer - Calaveras
Operations | Fremont, CA | Full Time
Building Your Future at Sukut Construction!
Join a Leader - Sukut Construction is one of America's leading heavy civil engineering contractors with almost 50 years of proven industry expertise. In California, we are recognized as the largest mass excavator and grading contractor, having moved a billion cubic yards of earth using our own fleet of more than 225 pieces of earthmoving equipment. At Sukut we understand the value of an excellent work environment. Sukut is the recipient of numerous "Top Workplace" and “Excellent in Safety” awards; Sukut has clearly established itself as an employer of choice. Sukut is equally proud of the unique and successful company culture which has been established throughout the years.
Join a Team - Now is your opportunity to join our highly successful team as a Survey / GPS Engineer for the Calaveras Dam Reconstruction Project (CDRP) a very large multi-year joint venture project located in Northern California. The CDRP project includes mass excavation, large concrete spillway/structures, tower and building construction, large diameter outlet works, new dam embankment, electrical infrastructure and roadway re-construction. The project is being managed by a world-class Joint Venture including Sukut Construction, Flatiron West and Dragados USA.
Some responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Creating virtual representations of plans for takeoffs
- Working with field personnel to gather topo for monthly billing
- Updating models for monthly billing
- Providing exhibits for monthly billing model
- Providing update models for GPS rovers and machine control
- Managing field grade checking crew and survey subcontractor
- Working with staff to provide exhibits
- Updating remaining and final quantities.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Engineering Management, Civil Engineering or similar field from accredited College or University
- 3+ years of Earthwork experience with heavy background in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Carlson AutoCAD add on and Trimble GPS interface
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines whiling maintaining focus on quality and process improvement
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Sound economic-thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make informed and logical decisions
- Strong work ethic
Sukut is an employee-owned company with an exceptional benefits package including 401k retirement plan, medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, and profit sharing potential.
Sukut Construction enjoys a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer