Quality Control Engineer
Operations | Bakersfield, CA | Full Time
Building Your Future at Sukut Construction!
Join a Leader - Sukut Construction is one of America's leading heavy civil engineering contractors with almost 50 years of proven industry expertise. In California, we are recognized as the largest mass excavator and grading contractor, having moved a billion cubic yards of earth using our own fleet of more than 225 pieces of earthmoving equipment. At Sukut we understand the value of an excellent work environment. Sukut is the recipient of numerous "Top Workplace" and “Excellent in Safety” awards; Sukut has clearly established itself as an employer of choice. Sukut is equally proud of the unique and successful company culture which has been established throughout the years.
Join a Team - Now is your opportunity to join our company as we partner on the Lake Isabella Dam Safety Modification Project (DSMP). This $241 million dollar construction project will consist of several major modifications to enhance the structural capability of the existing dam. The Joint Venture team is Flatiron, Dragados, and Sukut Construction. This world class Joint Venture team is the same team that is enjoying success on the Calaveras Dam Reconstruction project.
As the Quality Control Engineer you’ll have the responsibility of daily Quality Control activities in accordance with contract specifications. Duties may include and are not limited to:
- Observe field operations (drilling & blasting) to assure quality assurance requirements are met
- Perform/supervise inspection of work in various disciplines
- Perform QC Inspections of concrete, collection concrete cylinders for lab testing, material inspection, and rock products
- Soil and aggregate compaction testing, observe rebar placement, earthwork and some smaller mechanical and electrical Quality Control
- Organize and maintain a document control system for all quality data
- Assist in resolution of company non-conformances reports; follow up to insure corrections are implemented
- As required by quality assurance program manual, perform activities such as audits, preparation of company standards, notification to appropriate agencies of quality problems, etc.
- Coordinate, implement and manage overall Quality Management Program for the project
- Insure adequate corrective measures are implemented in cases of noncompliance
- Act as a liaison with subcontractors and/or internal departments on quality related matters as required
- 5+ years in heavy Civil construction and Quality Control experience on projects of similar size and scope
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Field experience required
- Knowledge of construction i.e. prints, plans, procedures, scheduling and testing
- Knowledge and ability to understand and use proper testing methods and analyze data accordingly
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
- Strong computer skills and knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite
- Any equivalent combination of acceptable education, training, and experience.
Sukut is an employee-owned company with an exceptional benefits package including 401k retirement plan, medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, profit sharing potential and use of Sukut’s beautiful Mammoth cabin.
We value the contributions of a diverse workforce and we are a proud Equal Employment Opportunity employer.