Project Manager (Heavy Civil/Public Works)
Engineering | Fremont, CA | Full Time
Building Your Future at Sukut Construction! - Location Options in Kern, Orange and Los Angeles Counties.
Sukut Construction – We are an award-winning, heavy civil engineering contractor with 50 years of proven industry expertise. On the West coast, we are recognized as the largest mass excavation and grading contractor, with an extensive portfolio of public and private projects that provide our employees with challenging, exciting work, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth. At Sukut we understand the value of an excellent work environment. Sukut the recipient of numerous "Top Workplace" and “Excellent in Safety” awards; Sukut has clearly established itself as an employer of choice. Sukut is equally proud of the unique and success culture which has been established throughout the years by its employees. If you are passionate about Project Management, now is your opportunity to join our highly successful company.
As the Project Manager, you will have 10+ years of proven experience and a strong work history supporting complex projects with an increasing range of responsibilities. Priority will be given to those candidates with experience in Civil Construction/Public Works project range to $25 million and/or Earthen Dam projects.
Typical responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Successful project goals execution in all phases.
- Establishing and executing project milestones and processes.
- Forecasting projects and making timely management decisions based on job cost and job progress.
- Establishing budgets, as well as resource and cost loaded CPM schedules.
- Coordinating daily activities, ordering materials, and measuring job production and subcontractors’ work in order to comply with schedules.
- Conducting meetings, making formal presentations.
- Overseeing project to completion, performing necessary duties which may include the writing of subcontracts and change orders, purchasing materials, obtaining permits and insurance, conducting meetings with staff and clients, monitoring work progress and safety, etc.
- Direct, motivate and supervising project team through all phases of single large project or multiple projects
- Maintaining organized and complete written records as required, i.e. specification and plan revisions, transmittals, project correspondence, contract change order logs, Request for Information logs, project schedules, claim documents, etc.
- Managing close-out of project, including completion of punch-list items.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- 10+ years of proven project management success in complex projects
- In depth understanding of plan reading, interpretation of specifications
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills required
- Sound business and economic-thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to create budgets and make informed and logical decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage responsibilities independently, and work in a team environment
Sukut offers an exceptional benefits package including 401k retirement plan, paid medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, auto allowance, profit sharing potential and we are an employee-owned company! Sukut values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.