Project Engineer (Heavy Civil/Earthwork)
Engineering | Santa Ana, CA | Full Time
Building Your Future at Sukut Construction! - Location Options SoCal/NorCal
Sukut Construction is one of America's leading heavy civil engineering contractors with almost 50 years of proven industry expertise. In California, we are recognized as the largest mass excavator and grading contractor, having moved a billion cubic yards of earth using our own fleet of more than 225 pieces of earthmoving equipment. At Sukut we understand the value of an excellent work environment. Sukut is the recipient of numerous "Top Workplace" and “Excellence in Safety” awards; Sukut has clearly established itself as an employer of choice. Sukut is equally proud of the unique and successful company culture which has been established throughout the years.
Now is your opportunity to join our highly successful team as a Project Engineer. As a Project Engineer, you assist the Project Managers on the jobs, both in the office and field. To accomplish this you will assist with various aspects of estimating and project management work such as project submittals, preparing scope of work, safety compliance, subcontract writing, budget development and oversight, scheduling, analysis, pricing labor and materials, vendor management, change order processing, and document control.
The skill set required to successfully perform the tasks and duties is as follows:
- Managing multiple projects with precision and speed.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining focus on quality and process improvement.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Solid written communication skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- Sound economic-thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make informed and logical decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Engineering Management, Civil Engineering or similar field from accredited College or University.
- Large Heavy Civil/Heavy Highway projects is preferred.
- Relevant work experience reflecting the knowledge and skills listed above.
- Experience reading blueprints and working with earthmoving, storm drains, sewers and water lines is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in appropriate software programs such as Primavera, Suretrak, etc. CAD tools as needed for the designated project.
- Any equivalent combination of acceptable education, training, and experience.
Sukut is an employee-owned company with an exceptional benefits package including 401k retirement plan, medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, educational assistance, profit sharing potential and use of a Mammoth cabin!