Field Engineer (Piping / Electrical)
Engineering | Fremont, CA | Full Time
Building Your Future at Sukut Construction!
Sukut Construction is one of America's leading heavy civil engineering contractors with 50 years of proven industry expertise. In California, we are recognized as the largest mass excavator and grading contractor, having moved a billion cubic yards of earth using our own fleet of more than 225 pieces of earthmoving equipment. At Sukut we understand the value of an excellent work environment. Sukut is the recipient of numerous "Top Workplace" and “Excellent in Safety” awards, Sukut has clearly established itself as an employer of choice. Sukut is equally proud of the unique and successful company culture which has been established throughout the years.
Now is your opportunity to join our highly successful team as a Field Engineer for the Calaveras Dam Reconstruction Project (CDRP) located in Northern California. The Field Engineer will assist the Construction Manager & Superintendent with planning, coordinating, developing and managing onsite construction activities. The primary focus of work is on piping, but other duties to include support disciplines such as electrical, instrumentation, and corrosion protection. The Field Engineer will also be responsible for overseeing specific aspects of work, and shall assist with cost forecasting for those activities. The project is being managed by a world-class Joint Venture including Sukut Construction, Flatiron West and Dragons USA. The skill set required to successfully perform the tasks and duties is as follows:
- Develop and monitor work plans and budgets
- Participate in cost forecasting for items of work responsible for
- Work with foreman and superintendent to plan and monitor work activities for multiple disciplines
- Recognize and document issues and submit change requests to the Owner
- Price and issue change orders
- Review submittals and oversee material procurement
- Review and layout pipe installation drawings
- Develop hazard analysis for site-specific construction activities (JHA)
- Coordinate and oversee subcontractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical or Electrical) or Construction Management
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in construction of water/wastewater treatment plants or similar piping/mechanical plant style of work
- In depth understanding of plan reading, interpretation of specifications, and P&ID drawings
- Experience with ADAS, SCADA, and Instrumentation & Control Systems
- Familiar with startup and testing of mechanical and electrical systems
- Experience with miscellaneous metals, corrosive coatings, process piping and mechanical equipment
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills required
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD or similar drafting program
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage responsibilities independently, and work in a team environment.
Sukut offers an exceptional benefits package including 401k retirement plan, paid medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, auto allowance, profit sharing potential and we are an employee-owned company! Sukut values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.