Operations | Bakersfield, CA | Full Time
Building Your Future at Sukut Construction!
Join a Leader - Sukut Construction is one of America's leading heavy civil engineering contractors with almost 50 years of proven industry expertise. In California, we are recognized as the largest mass excavator and grading contractor, having moved a billion cubic yards of earth using our own fleet of more than 225 pieces of earthmoving equipment. At Sukut we understand the value of an excellent work environment. Sukut is the recipient of numerous "Top Workplace" and “Excellent in Safety” awards; Sukut has clearly established itself as an employer of choice. Sukut is equally proud of the unique and successful company culture which has been established throughout the years.
Join a Team - Now is your opportunity to join our company as we partner on the Lake Isabella Dam Safety Modification Project (DSMP). This $241 million dollar construction project will consist of several major modifications to enhance the structural capability of the existing dam. The Joint Venture team is Flatiron, Dragados, and Sukut Construction. This world class Joint Venture team is the same team that is enjoying success on the Calaveras Dam Reconstruction project.
As a Field Engineer responsibilities include but not limited to various aspects of estimating and project management work such as project submittals, preparing scope of work, safety compliance, subcontract writing, budget development and oversight, scheduling, analysis, pricing labor and materials, vendor management, change order processing, and document control.
The skill set required to successfully perform the tasks and duties is as follows:
- Managing multiple projects with precision and speed.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines whiling maintaining focus on quality and process improvement.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Solid written communication skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- Sound economic-thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make informed and logical decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Engineering Management, Civil Engineering or similar field from accredited College or University; and previous work experience on large Heavy Civil/Heavy Highway project is preferred.
- Field experience required
- Experience reading blueprints and working with earthmoving, blasting, crushing/aggregate production, storm drains, sewers and water lines.
- Relevant work experience reflecting the knowledge and skills listed above.
- Knowledge and experience in appropriate software programs such as Viewpoint, Primavera, Suretrak, etc. AutoCAD for earthwork takeoffs and tools as needed for the designated project
- Any equivalent combination of acceptable education, training, and experience.
Sukut is an employee-owned company with an exceptional benefits package including 401k retirement plan, medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, profit sharing potential and use of a beautiful Mammoth cabin!
Sukut Construction enjoys a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer