AutoCAD Technician (Estimating)
Estimating | Santa Ana, CA | Full Time
Building Your Future at Sukut Construction!
Join a Leader - Sukut Construction’s talented employees move about a half-million cubic yards of earth a day! All of this hard work has established our reputation with clients as a valued partner with the expertise necessary to handle their most difficult projects involving mass excavation, grading, landfills, environmental cleanups, highways and roads, storm drain systems, and emergency landslide repair. Our hard work has also led to multiple awards for excellence, and our designation as one of the nation’s top 300 contractors. We have been in business for almost 50 years.
Join a Team - Sukut is a friendly place where communication and innovation are encouraged and where people have fun doing rewarding work. Team members have come to expect inspiring challenges, careers full of opportunity, rewards for great work, and leaders who genuinely care about their personal growth and success. This may be why so many of our employees want to stay with Sukut right through their retirement and why we are consistently named one of the “Top Work Place” by Orange County Register and Business Journal.
If you would like to build your future as part of Sukut’s extraordinary team, we have an excellent opportunity for an Estimating AutoCAD Engineer. The right individual will have experience in using computerized aided drafting software systems to elevate 2D line work into 3D line work. If you have this type of experience, please read on! Duties may include and are not limited to:
- Converting 2D civil engineer CAD files to 3D CAD models
- Maintaining and working with established layer, plot and color standards on topographic maps.
- Calculating quantities
- Area takeoffs
- Attending job walks and pre-bid meetings
- Summarizing geotechnical recommendations and plot on map
- Creating and maintaining takeoff notebook, log of plans and specs.
- Associate’s degree and/or Certification in Computer Aided Drafting software
- Minimum of 2-4 year’s work experience reflecting the knowledge skills and abilities listed above
- Ability to read, interpret and understand engineering plans and schematics, and soils reports
- Strong attention to detail with ability to recognize discrepancies
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic - willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and done correctly
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Computer training and/or experience sufficient enough to complete duties of the job
- Any equivalent combination of acceptable education, training, and experience
- Experience in Construction preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and interface tools such as Carlson, Civil 3D, Trimble Business and other similar programs strongly preferred
- Familiarity with work-related terms such as “unit price” and “lump sum”.
Sukut is an employee-owned company with an exceptional benefits package including 401k retirement plan,paid medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, and profit sharing potential. We value the contributions of a diverse workforce and we are a proud Equal Employment Opportunity employer.