Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounting/Finance | Santa Ana, CA | Full Time
Building Your Future at Sukut Construction!
Join a Leader - Sukut Construction is one of America's leading heavy civil engineering contractors with 50 years of proven industry expertise. In California, we are recognized as the largest mass excavator and grading contractor, having moved a billion cubic yards of earth using our own fleet of more than 225 pieces of earthmoving equipment. At Sukut we understand the value of an excellent work environment. Sukut is the recipient of numerous "Top Workplace" and “Excellent in Safety” awards, and Sukut has clearly established itself as an employer of choice. Sukut is equally proud of the unique and successful company culture which has been established throughout the years.
Join a Team - Now is your opportunity to join our company as an Accounts Payable Specialist. The AP Specialist assists and supports the accounting team with financial, clerical, and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate payment of accounts. The AP Specialist must work in a collaborative manner with co-workers and have strong organizational skills.
Duties may include and are not limited to:
- Data Entry – Input and post vendor payables into the accounting system
- Review invoices for proper coding to job cost accounts
- Review invoices for approval and supporting documentation
- Process payments to subcontractors
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Research and correct invoice discrepancies as needed
- Interface with jobsites and provide support as needed
- Print, review, and mail checks
- Comply with internal controls and company policies
- Maintain filing of invoice payments and supporting documentation
- Run accounting reports as needed/requested
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- 1-3 years of accounts payable experience
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Must have strong work ethic
- Team player attitude
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Knowledge of computer systems (Viewpoint preferred), including Microsoft Office products
- Experience in the construction industry working with sub-contractor billing and retention a plus
- Familiarity with releases and joint checks a plus
- Associate’s degree (AA) a plus.
Sukut is an employee-owned company with an exceptional benefits package including 401k retirement plan, medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, and profit sharing potential.
Sukut values the contributions of a diverse workforce and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.