Catalog Engineer - French and/ or German Fluency
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Content is the bread and butter of the ShopStyle experience. Our international portfolio of hundreds of retailers and millions of designer-label fashion products makes shopping for the hottest products and the best deals in fashion a breeze... and it takes sharp, motivated, and innovative people to make the experience a reality. The ShopStyle Content Team seeks a strong Catalog Engineer to help us reach, and surpass, our goals.
As a Catalog Engineer, you possess strong attention to detail and a passion for providing the best possible experience to our users. You’re adept at juggling and prioritizing multiple issues, and comfortable working with local and remote colleagues to ensure that issues are resolved quickly and completely. And you love to learn new things. With these skills, your work will have an impact.
- Implement and review configuration and categorization rules for on-boarding of new retailers and product categories.
- Review data feeds for new and existing retailers, accurately and efficiently communicate issues, and verify deployments.
- Monitor existing continuous content acquisition process, report and triage issues, and review/verify fixes as necessary.
- Refine existing product categorization rules and define new rules as necessary.
- Work with Engineering, Marketing, and remote vendor teams to ensure accurate communication of all issues and requirements.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Firm foundation in use of standard UNIX command-line tools for text processing, and a good command of regular expressions.
- 1-2 years of UNIX scripting experience. We use Perl, Bash, and a bit of Python.
- The ninja skills to make your favorite text editor sing.
- Basic knowledge of XML.
- Knowledge of text encoding issues... ASCII and LATIN-1 mean something to you, and you can describe the relationship between UTF-8 and Unicode.
- 1-2 years of SQL experience and a good understanding of RDBMS fundamentals.
- Experience with MySQL, Oracle, or PostgreSQL very desirable.
- A college degree, with coursework in computer science or related CS experience.
- A love of learning new things, and passion for giving our users the best possible experience.
- German language fluency.
- Prior translation experience.
- Prior QA/QC experience.
- Prior experience working with localized retail data feeds and/or affiliate network partners.
- Java experience.
This position is full time and located in San Francisco. No phone calls please.