Web Application Software Architect
Engineering | Sacramento, CA | Full Time
Seeking a talented web application architect capable of designing elegant, maintainable and scalable web-based applications using cutting edge technology and processes. If you're interested in applying your technical and people skills to build excellent product in a highly collaborative environment using agile/lean processes then this is the job for you.
You should be experienced architecting and constructing modern web apps using an object oriented language like Ruby, Python, Java or C#. You should be ready to lead a team through all the phases of application development from working with the product owner to inform product direction to deploying and supporting the user story you designed and developed.
Our engineering team emphasizes collaboration and teamwork. Here are some of the ways you will spend your time:
- Designing solutions to address key system architecture concerns
- Facilitating design discussions and decisions
- Mentoring teammates on topics like test-driven development and object-oriented design
- Collaborating on story elaboration
- Collaborating on incremental system design
- Collaborating on incremental data design and migration
- Collaborating on unit and functional testing
- Collaborating on coding of the StreamSend product
- Supporting the IT department in operating the product
- Contributing to ongoing product planning and story estimation
Of course, each person brings their own contribution. Here are some contributions you could give:
- Locate and remediate application performance bottlenecks at all layers of the application architecture
- Design and implement elegant web-based user interfaces
- Suggest, discuss and execute appropriate refactorings
- Help refine the StreamSend software delivery process
- Design elegant web service interfaces
Our Technology: Our flagship product, StreamSend, is implemented in Ruby on Rails and MySQL and deployed on CentOS. We use Macs for development and Google Apps for collaboration. Most of us prefer to write code using vim.
Our Environment: We are located in downtown Sacramento with convenient access to light rail. The company buys lunch on Tuesdays. We work in an open team room when we are together and make good use of tools like iChat, Skype and Remote Desktop when we need to telecommute.