Development | Hudson, OH | Full Time
Imagine not simply developing an application, but enabling a solution.
Imagine not only making a paycheck, but making a difference.
Imagine not just having a job, but having a mission.
If you’re a full stack software developer and want to be part of something truly special, read on. Because StreamLinx, LLC, is a cloud software company dedicated to solving some of the world’s most vexing energy and environmental problems.
From our center in beautiful Hudson, Ohio, we create systems and apps that accelerate the adoption of energy efficiency and clean technologies in commercial and industrial buildings. The energy retrofit boom you’ve heard so much about? It’s real, and the technology that supports it originates right here. Our customers include energy retrofit companies, professional engineering firms, energy service companies, clean power entities, public utilities, and electronics distributors. They all share the same objective of reducing energy usage in commercial facilities. And our software speeds that adoption like none other.
Which brings us to you. Amid our explosive growth, we’re looking for dynamic software developers to create a best-in-class experience for our customer base across the United States. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team and contribute to making our products more robust by developing high-quality, maintainable code that will enable our clients to excel in a booming industry. You have an opportunity to use your development skills to suggest new features and iterations that will add value to a growing product set.
Specific responsibilities include:
Within the first four weeks
- Understand the core of the Snapcount platform to build a constantly growing knowledge base of how our product works and what customers require to be successful in the field
- Start to take tickets in a development sprint; take part in design discussions, develop code to solve problems or create new solutions, integrate the changes into the repository, validate that your changes address the requirements, and work with the Quality Assurance team to get your changes deployed
Within the first 90 days:
- Effectively estimate project work and time requirements
- Contribute to ongoing projects and roadmap design and development
- Document what you develop, both for developers as well as for our QA team.
- Be a part of not only feature development but bug correction, maintenance, and ongoing support when needed from Customer Success.
Year One and Beyond:
- Collaborate with fellow software team members to brain-storm optimal designs, innovate them into the codebase and deliver high quality applications
- As a fast-moving software company, we have an aggressive roadmap of features and functions. You will need to consider the future as you build today's functions to ensure the system is ready for these updates
That’s the work. Now what about the work-life? It happens in an open and casual environment, far from fancy but perfect for our mission. We foster creativity and innovation and reward passion and ambition. Best of all, as a small company we deliver personal development opportunities. We offer competitive compensation, medical benefits, and free lunch every Friday.
What will it take to join our team?
Realistically, we need someone with a college degree. Most important is a hands-on understanding of building professional grade applications for real users. The ideal candidate has prior experience with full-stack development and with our specific environment (Java, MySQL and modern web UI technologies). Experience thriving in an agile environment would be very helpful, but not required as long as you are a quick study of new tools/techniques. You’ll be working with people, both internal and customers, so your ability to understand the problem at hand, envision the end result, and create a solution to fill the need is critical. Critical thinking and problem solving are the final pieces to making you a member of this team. We need out of the box thinkers that go beyond surface problems to do perform quality analyses on a variety of topics.
Ready to make a difference in your career, and in the world? Then we want to talk. Start by submitting your resume and salary requirements at https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/streamlinx