Associate Sales Specialist
Marketing | Naperville, IL | Full Time
Imagine not simply growing, but achieving mastery.
Imagine not only making a paycheck, but making a difference.
Imagine not just holding a job, but pursuing a mission.
If your energy and enthusiasm drives you to make every customer interaction impactful and want to be part of something truly special, read on. StreamLinx, LLC is a cloud-based software company dedicated to solving some of the world’s most vexing energy and environmental problems, and we are searching for a dynamic Associate Sales Specialist that thrives on creating new opportunities and enhancing existing relationships with customers.
StreamLinx is the maker of SnapCount, the mobile and cloud-based platform that accelerates the adoption of energy efficiency and clean technologies in commercial and industrial buildings. The energy retrofit boom you’ve heard so much about is real, and the technology that supports it originates right here. Our customers include energy retrofit companies, professional engineering firms, energy service companies, clean power entities, public utilities, and electronics distributors. They all share the same objective of reducing the energy footprint in facilities across the world, and our software speeds that adoption like none other.
Which brings us to you. Amid our explosive growth, we’re looking for a savvy Associate Sales Specialist to ensure that our industry-leading customers are well cared for and we are identifying and cultivating the right business prospects from multiple sources. You’ll be part of our motivated sales team and will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, and generating new sales leads as well as managing existing customers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Within the first four weeks:
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to learn the SnapCount mobile and cloud application, to gain a true understanding of what our customers require to be successful in the field
- Learn the contextual knowledge required to understand the language and nuances of the energy efficiency sector
- Sit in on customer sales and support calls to transfer information into knowledge on how our current customer base utilizes our software
- Field inquiries from existing customers regarding their current product use and future needs
- Within the first 90 days:
- Complete research through outbound calls, internet/social media searches, and internal systems for the purpose of generating interest in SnapCount
- Identify key buying influencers and contact via outbound calls/emails to determine their budget and timeline for implementation
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls/emails
- Conduct follow-up calls with customers to ensure they are satisfied with their product, cross-sell, and answer questions
- Collaborate with marketing to develop customer outreach campaigns
- Manage data for new and prospective clients in our CRM, SalesForce, ensuring all communications are logged and the information is accurate
- Year One and Beyond:
- Provide inside sales support to existing customers and help grow the usage of the SnapCount platform
- Continuously develop and execute outbound sales strategies that are designed to meet revenue objectives and exceed customer expectations
- Build and maintain rapport with all necessary stakeholders (internal and external) and work collaboratively to ensure we stay devoted to our brand promise for our clients
- Anticipate issues and recommend solutions while managing multiple customers simultaneously with excellent results
- Attend trade shows throughout the year and procure leads for prospective customers
That’s the work. Now what about the work-life? It happens in an open and casual environment, far from fancy but perfect for our mission. We are fully invested in empowering energy optimization, but we’re also 100% invested in our people. Anchored by our core values, we foster creativity and innovation and reward passion and ambition. Best of all, as a small company we deliver personal development opportunities. We offer competitive compensation, multiple medical benefits, and free lunch every Friday.
What will it take to join our team?
Realistically, we need someone with 1-3 years of prior experience in sales or another customer-facing role. Experience with web-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications or either lighting or energy retrofit sectors would be a big plus, prior use of SnapCount software is an even bigger plus. The ideal candidate has expert communication, negotiation, and relationship-building abilities and is steadfast about time management, attention to detail, and documentation.
Most import is meticulous account management with a demonstrated history of meeting and achieving sales quotas. Practice and familiarity with a CRM like Salesforce would be very helpful, but not required if you are a quick study of new tools/techniques. You’ll be working with people, both internal and customers, so your ability to understand the problem at hand, envision the end result, and create a solution to fill the need is critical.
Ready to make a difference in your career, and in the world? Then we want to talk. Start by submitting your resume and salary requirements at https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/streamlinx