Professional Services | College Park, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to “empower” your career.
Your Mission: Engineer Virtualization Innovation
Serve as a virtualization subject matter expert and architect, prototype and continuously develop of virtualized services built on OpenStack and VMware technologies. You will continuously investigate new technologies and research their applicability to different prototype solutions.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A “technology translator”: You will bridging the gap between both technical and non-technical audiences and must be able to speak to each in a language they understand.
- Virtualization Virtuoso: You will need to bring in-depth and large enterprise virtualization experience working with tools and technologies including Linux, VMWare, OpenStack and Python.
- Big Picture thinker with execution know-how: You will need to understand the customer’s overarching high-level goals as well as the low level goals of each individual team in order to develop and lead efforts and achieve mission success.
What we are expecting from you (i.e., the qualifications you must have):
- A proven record of large-scale virtualization efforts with virtualization technologies including OpenStack, VMWare, and/or AWS within both Linux and Windows environments.
- Ability to write scripts for various tasks including automation using languages such as Python.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest virtualization and networking technologies.
- Top Secret ( with polygraph) Federal Government clearance is required.
Nice to have:
- Virtualization Certification(s): RHCT or VMWare VCP.
- Understanding of DevOps with past DevOps experience preferred.
- Past experience working in an R&D environment.
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits that include top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open door policy.
If you think you might be a good fit for this role, we encourage you to apply. A member of our recruiting team will be in touch within 48 hours of your application.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.