Professional Services - Fulton, MD | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
The USAF F-22 Program has chosen Stratus to lead the design, implementation, and integration of multiple cloud-based environments for its internal use. This effort affords all team members the unique opportunity of working with bleeding edge cloud computing technologies in a multitude of environments and Amazon Web Services regions. This is a brand-new effort for Stratus and F-22 so we are entering on the ground floor – which gives us the complete freedom to architect a complete solution from beginning-to-end based on our recommended design considerations, best practices, and requirements from the customer. Since we are the sole integrators for this effort, we will be responsible for architecting and implementing all parts of the solution including cloud-based networking, infrastructure evolution, robust security, and process automation activities.
Stratus Solutions is also in the unique position of having been the lead integrator of similar cloud-centric solutions for other government clients and has access to a collaborative staff of cloud computing SMEs for knowledge transfer and support throughout the company. Stratus was explicitly sought out for this effort because of our AWS expertise, our ability to engineer innovative cloud solutions, and our close-knit partnership with AWS.
Your Mission: Technical proposal and documentation writing for our client delivery teams
Stratus Solutions is seeking a technical-minded proposal writer to join our client-facing customer delivery project teams. This individual will be responsible for developing and writing supporting documentation for client deliverables including CONOPs, TEMPs, architecture proposals, design documentation, and end-user training documents. This individual will also be tasked with aiding Stratus with proposal efforts and responding to Requests for Information (RFI's), Requests for Proposals (RFP's), and crafting other necessary contract documentation. Since the client delivery teams operate fully within a cloud-based environment, technical knowledge and experience in cloud infrastructure and/or DevOps experience is highly desired.
What you will do:
- Review, write and edit technical writing, presentations, briefings, White Papers, quad charts and other deliverables produced by project team members.
- Interview program managers and other technical personnel to collect technical and methodology information and subsequently incorporate that information into writing solid technical deliverables.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other technical personnel or establishment personnel.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Create and analyze compliance matrices as well guidelines for deliverable and proposal evaluation.
- Support the capture and proposal process by researching and gathering technical information for use in proposal development activities.
- Write clear, persuasive, and articulate documentation; translates technical and other ideas into easily understandable text; rewrites and reviews documents.
- Write sections within the technical approach on topics such cloud infrastructure, DevOps, software development, etc.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Extensive experience in the writing and editing of technical documentation.
- Extensive experience in government contracting proposal writing.
- Experience performing in-person interviews to identify technical knowledge required to produce deliverables to leadership.
- Experience generating complete RFP's, RFl's, and white papers.
- Experience in responding to RFP's, RFQ's, and government inquiries about our company's capabilities.
- Experience with developing win themes and incorporates strategies developed in review teams for final drafts.
- Experience coordinating proposal sections (Past Performance, Technical Management, Pricing) and completes all required Government forms.
- Experience ensuring compliance with all RFP requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- Due to the nature of the Federal contract for which this specific position will be assigned to, candidates are required to have US citizenship.
- Travel up to 20%.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's Degree, in a technical discipline or English, Marketing
- Active TS/SCI clearance
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation, amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank overtime hours for additional time off or extra compensation (must met additional criteria for cash-out).
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open door policy.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.