Technical Proposal Writer
Professional Services | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Everyday we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to enable your career.
Due to the nature of the Federal contract for which this specific position will be assigned to, candidates are required to have US citizenship
Your Mission: Technical proposal writing for our Proposal Development team
Stratus Solutions is seeking a technical-minded proposal writer to join our Proposal Development team. This individual will be responsible for developing and writing proposals in response to government Requests for Proposals (RFPs), data calls, and whitepapers, as well as supporting business development and capture activities. Technical experience in Cloud Infrastructure and or DevOps experience highly desired.
What you will do:
• Review, write and edit technical writing, presentations, briefings, White Papers, quad charts and other deliverables produced by Stratus.
• Create and analyze compliance matrices as well guidelines for proposal evaluation.
• Support the capture and proposal process by researching and gathering technical information for use in proposal development activities.
• Write clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates technical and other ideas into easily understandable text; rewrites and reviews proposal sections and related proposal documents.
• Interview program managers and other technical personnel to collect technical and methodology information and subsequently incorporate that information into writing winning technical approach sections of proposals.
• Write sections within the technical approach on topics such cloud infrastructure, DevOps, software development, etc.
• Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
• Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other personnel or establishment personnel.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor's Degree, in a technical discipline or English, Marketing
- Minimum 1 (1) Years Experience In Proposal Writing.
- Must have experience in government contracting proposal writing.
- Experience generating complete RFPs, RFls, and white papers.
- Experience in responding to RFPs, RFQs, and government inquiries about our company's capabilities.
- Due to the nature of the Federal contract for which this specific position will be assigned to, candidates are required to have US citizenship
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with developing win themes and incorporates strategies developed in review teams for final drafts.
- Experience coordinating proposal sections (Past Performance, Technical Management, Pricing) and completes all required Government forms.
- Experience ensuring compliance with all RFP requirements.
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation, amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank overtime hours for additional time off or extra compensation (must met additional criteria for cash-out).
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open door policy.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.