Professional Services | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to "empower" your career.
Your Mission: Promote, Engineer and Integrate our AWS Governance Software Solution
Play a key role in onboarding new customers to our first commercial software product that helps major AWS consumers better manage their cloud presence. You will help lead the deployment, configuration, integration and adoption of our AWS-enabled management platform and determine how to best tailor our product to specific customer needs.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A “technology translator”: You will be bridging the gap between both technical and non-technical audiences and must be able to speak to each in a language they understand.
- Well-rounded: You will need to bring in-depth experience across multiple and varying technologies including cloud and virtualization tools, Linux and Windows operating systems and networking, security and automation.
- Adaptable: Able to integrate the platform in a wide variety of customer environments.
- Eager to learn new things and work with new technologies.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 8+ years experience performing some type of infrastructure engineering or deployment engineering role.
- Experience working with the both internal and customer engineering and project management teams to design and roll out solutions within a customer’s environment.
- Experience working in both virtualized and cloud environments across technologies such as Hyper-V, VMWare and AWS.
- Experience deploying scalable applications to container based technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience integrating new systems into enterprise environments
- Proven experience with Linux configuration and system administration
- Experience with Windows and Active Directory environments.
- Automation experience using languages such as Python or Power Shell.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Experience or interest in reliable architectures and automating infrastructure
- Familiarity with network protocols and security
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong requirements gathering and analytic abilities.
- BS in Com Sci, IT, IS or other technical area of study.
- Up to 25% travel may be required. (Domestic travel only)
- Due to the nature of our customers, candidates are required to have US citizenship.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience working in a Pre-Sales or Solutions Architecture role.
- Experience with SIEM technologies including Splunk
- Hands on experience with AWS including working with following services: IAM, CloudFormation, EC2, S3, Redshift, and RDS.
- Experience with host orchestration solutions such as Salt or Puppet
What We Will Provide in Return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should hire those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open-door policy.
If you think you might be a good fit for this role, we encourage you to apply. A member of our recruiting team will be in touch with you within 48 hours of your application.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.