Software Engineer with TS/SCI
Professional Services - Fulton, MD | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only realize the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to “empower” your career.
Your Mission: Architect robust software integrations among a variety of platforms within a fully cloud-based environment.
Enhance your current software development skillset by architecting and developing software integration solutions in a fully cloud-based environment. You will be given the opportunity to grow your current mastery of Go (programming language) through software development activities on a robust software application. This is a multi-faceted position that will require you to spend time working directly with AWS services, software development toolkits, and third party applications in order to provide integration and symbiosis.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Develops and runs unit tests for recently developed code
- Manages large codebases for a custom-built software application
- Coordinates key integration points for automation efforts
- Uses third party toolkits to aid in software design, development, and implementation
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for government customers.
- Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth experience across multiple software development languages, methodologies, and technologies.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies while tackling new challenges.
- Big Picture Thinker with Execution Know-How: You can understand the customer’s overarching goals as well as the goals of each individual team while designing software products and integrations that address those goals.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Significant experience with the Go programming language
- Experience with Python/C/C++ or other languages
- Significant experience working with version control technologies such as Git
- Knowledge of UI frameworks such as Angular, Meteor, ReactJS, or similar
- Experience working with Docker Build and Deployment workflows
- Experience writing unit tests for developed code
- Experience with CD/CI processes and tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- Due to the nature of the Federal contract for which this specific position will be assigned to, candidates are required to have US citizenship.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree)
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Nice to have:
- Experience with Client-side development
- Ability to Quickly Learn New Frameworks and Languages
- Knowledge of CSS
- Broad knowledge of available technology stacks for different project needs
- Interested in learning and working with new technologies and parts of the stack
- Experience with Python visualization tools such as Plotly or Bokeh
- Experience with server-side development using Python, Redis, PostgreSQL, and others
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation, amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank overtime hours for additional time off or extra compensation (must met additional criteria for cash-out).
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open door policy.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.