Internal Application: Senior Systems Engineer
Professional Services | Laurel, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to “empower” your career.
Your Mission: Tactical Engineering for an R&D Innovation team.
You will be part of an R&D team responsible for the architecture, prototyping and continuous development of infrastructure cloud services. You will continuously investigate new technologies and research their applicability to different prototype solutions.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A “technology translator”: Help bridge the gap between technical and non-technical audiences.
- Well-rounded: You will need to bring in-depth experience across multiple and varying technologies including LINUX and Windows O/S, Hadoop, AWS and others.
- Big Picture thinker with execution know-how: You will need to understand the customer’s overarching high-level goals as well as the goals of each individual team.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Hands-on experience with Windows and/or Linux server installation, configuration, operation, and customization.
- Tactical experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, AWS and/or OpenStack.
- Experience with devops tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, etc
- Storage technologies/protocol experience across NetApp, LUNs, Fibre Channel, CIFS, NFS.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols that includes the ability to troubleshoot and correct errors.
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest virtualization and networking technologies.
- Top Secret ( with polygraph) Federal Government clearance is required.
Nice to have:
- Experience with “Big Data” tools such as HADOOP, HDFS and Accumulo
- Networking certifications: CCNA or CCNP
- Virtualization Certifications: RHCT or VMWare VCP
- Storage Certification(s): NCSA, NCDA or NCIE
- Linux scripting
- Past experience working in an R&D environment.
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should reward those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open door policy.
If you think you might be a good fit for this role, we encourage you to apply. A member of our recruiting team will be in touch with you within 48 hours of your application.