Senior Infrastructure Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Systems Engineering/Administration | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only realize the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to “empower” your career.
Your Mission: Expand your cloud DevOps skillset with exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Transform the way the intelligence community is developing software and shape the future of software development utilizing AWS and other cloud platforms. Our team works hand in hand with our IC customers to architect, build, and maintain the next generation of development environments for Unclassified and Classified development. As the sole integrators for this effort, we are responsible for architecting and implementing all parts of the solution; starting with a platform of robust security, the applying the latest in cloud-based networking, infrastructure evolution, and process automation activities.
Stratus Solutions has been part of the IC’s development of AWS capabilities since the beginning and has access to a collaborative staff of cloud computing SMEs for knowledge transfer and support throughout the company. Stratus has been recognized by multiple customers for our AWS expertise, our ability to engineer innovative cloud solutions, and our close-knit partnership with AWS.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
· Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities
- Use open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project
- Use coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
- Occasional on site support may be required
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help build and stand up a game-changing development environment.
- Well-rounded: You will need to bring in-depth experience across multiple technologies including scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments.
- Expertise with Linux configuration management and system administration.
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- TS/SCI with polygraph required.
Nice to have:
- AWS experience preferred, but not mandatory. At a minimum, you should have an understanding/ knowledge of AWS architectures, capabilities, and services
- AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or SysOps Administrator Associate Certification
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes.
- Experience with configuring and deploying containers.
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits that include top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should hire those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success, further their expertise and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open-door policy.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.