Security Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Security | Columbia, MD | Full Time
Stratus employees have been supporting the Cyber Immersion Lab (CIL), the experimentation facility for USCYBERCOM, for over 4 years. We designed the IT architecture, built the IT system, and now sustain and evolve the infrastructure to meet current and future needs. Infrastructure engineers working at the CIL have the rare opportunity to be hands on with a variety of technologies in a diverse multi-vendor environment where there are no stove piped lanes of work. We encourage team collaboration and knowledge sharing across the team to build a deeper bench of skills that benefits the whole support team.
Job Description: Security Engineer
Stratus Solutions manages USCYBERCOM's development and experimentation IT environment. We are looking for a candidate whose primary focus will be on the security of the infrastructure.
The candidate shall:
- Conducts vulnerability scanning, analysis, threat assessments, and remediation efforts
- Review logging and monitoring systems and ensure they are compliant
- Research, evaluate, and recommend security improvements to the IT environment
- Develop integration plans and lead installation of new security devices
- Support Certification & Accreditation (C&A) SSP activities with knowledge of NIST security controls
- Generate reports on system compliance for IAVAs & POA&Ms related to continuous monitoring activities
- Manage security infrastructure with best practices (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, AV, Monitoring, etc)
- Provide security recommendations during internal system architecture review
- Provide security guidance to environment teams and users
- TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or IT- related field. An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree.
- 6+ years hands-on experience working with multiple technologies such as Networking, Virtualization, Linux, etc
- Industry-recognized security certification such as Security+ CE (CISSP preferred)
- Experience with deploying network monitoring tools, such as Security Onion
- Experience with enterprise scripting capabilities, such as PowerShell or Python
- Experience with networking concepts & equipment, including switches, routers
- Experience with configuration management/automation platforms (e.g. Puppet, Salt, Ansible)
- Experience with hardware and software certificate deployment
- Experience with managing and customizing Splunk
- Experience with managing and customizing SolarWinds Products
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working in ever changing dynamic environments
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation, amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank overtime hours for additional time off or extra compensation (must met additional criteria for cash-out).
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open door policy.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.