Professional Services | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to "empower" your career.
Your Mission: Develop Automated Test Procedures for our AWS Governance Software Solution
Play a key role in developing test procedures for our first commercial software product that helps major AWS consumers better manage their cloud presence. You will help lead the design and development of front-end and back-end automated tests for our AWS-enabled management platform and determine how to best tailor our QA process to help us build quicker using Agile.
You will excel in this role if you are:
· “Big Picture Person”: You see the reason behind the requirements and understand what needs to work in order for the customer to be happy.
· A “technology translator”: You will be bridging the gap between both technical and non-technical audiences and must be able to speak to each in a language they understand.
· Well-rounded: You will need to bring in-depth experience across multiple and varying technologies including cloud and virtualization tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, security and automation.
· Adaptable: Able to write tests what work on multiple platforms and for a wide variety of customer environments.
· Eager to learn new things and work with new technologies.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
· Experience write automated end-to-end tests, unit tests, and integration tests.
· Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing.
· Ability to review and analyze system specifications.
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
· Experience working with Swagger and REST.
· Ability to clearly document test procedures.
· Experience working in both virtualized and cloud environments across technologies such as AWS, Azure, and VMWare.
· Experience writing Bash scripts.
· Experience deploying automated tests using modern CI/CD platforms.
· Experience testing applications using container based technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
· Proven experience with generating dashboard to help visualize testing process.
· Ability to create logs to document testing phases and defects.
· Experience with Linux and Windows environments.
· Familiarity with network and web application security.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or other technical area of study.
· Due to the nature of our customers, candidates are required to have US citizenship.
Preferred but not required:
· Automation experience using tools such as Python.
· Hands on experience with AWS including working with following services: IAM, CloudFormation, EC2, S3, Redshift, and RDS.
· Any familiarity with Azure.
· Experience with popular open source testing tools, e.g. JMeter, Selenium, Robot, Cucumber, etc.
What We Will Provide in Return:
· Excellent compensation and amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
· 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
· Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
· Employee centric culture and a belief that we should hire those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
· A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
· A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open-door policy.
If you think you might be a good fit for this role, we encourage you to apply. A member of our recruiting team will be in touch with you within 48 hours of your application.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.