Office Administrative Assistant
Operations | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to "empower" your career.
Your Mission: Build relationships and grow!
As an Office Administrative professional, you will be a highly-visible and often the first representative of Stratus. You will work across multiple teams and will provide both traditional administrative support while taking on new challenges and responsibilities. This is a great opportunity for someone with administrative and clerical know-how and the desire to cultivate new skills as you go.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Outgoing by nature. Do you genuinely love to help others and enjoy meeting new people?
- An organizational dynamo. Love to color-code your to-do list? Organize closets for fun?
- Problem solver. We love it when our team can predict or anticipate challenges in advance and we value suggestions for improvement.
- Quick study. You will partner with various departments such as HR, Recruiting, and Finance, as well as with our hiring managers and senior leaders. So eagerness and willingness to learn as well as the ability to shift direction easily will be a huge help.
A day in the life: (Just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Manage front desk including greeting visitors, receiving packages, process all mail, answer phone calls, and ensure visitor policy is enforced.
- Put together new hire welcome packages
- Schedule working sessions while also reserving meeting space, ordering catering, confirming attendance and ordering any necessary supplies.
- Schedule interviews, post jobs, and assist recruiting with various recruiting tasks.
- Create interview folders for both candidates and the interview teams with the appropriate information such as benefits information, resume, screening notes or a corporate overview.
- Search job boards and our internal databases for qualifying resumes.
- Manage and distribute all office deliveries and ensuring that the office is well-stocked.
- Manage executive team calendars and expense reports.
- Manage travel arrangements including preparing travel and making changes when necessary (knowledge of per diem would be useful but willing to train)
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have)
- 2-4 years of experience in a traditional administrative role supporting multiple teams and projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within all Microsoft Office programs with ease (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Past experience in a customer facing role and a passion for customer service.
- Desire and willingness to wear multiple hats, try new things and take on new responsibilities as needed with a history of doing so preferred.
- Willingness to work onsite in our Fulton, MD office Monday-Friday during core business hours and a willingness to put in additional hours as needed during events or upticks in business activity.
- Past experience handling sensitive information with discretion is highly preferred.
- Due to the nature of our Federal contracts, candidates are required to have US citizenship
- BS/BA is preferred but not required.
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and pay for 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required. This is not a match, it is automatic!
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to “bank” hours worked that exceed time period target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should reward those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and interactive learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open door policy.
If you believe you are a good fit for this role, we encourage you to apply. Once you apply, a member of our recruitment team will be in touch within 48 hours.