Information Security Intern (Summer 2018)
Professional Services | Fulton, MD | Temporary
Are you a college senior or grad student who wants to be part of a young, modern, growing technology company?
Stratus Solutions, a small, privately owned IT consulting firm based out of Fulton, MD is rapidly growing and seeking smart, creative engineering interns to work on security for virtualized and cloud environments. This internship will be for Summer 2018.
We invest in every employee by providing an incredible benefits package, competitive salaries, and continued education in emerging technologies.
Due to the nature of the Federal contract for which this specific position will be assigned to, candidates are required to have US citizenship.
This internship will involve the following performing the following tasks/projects:
- Take part in high level security architecture design activities to boost the overall security posture of a fast-moving, high visibility environment used by thousands of individuals
- Perform monitoring and analysis of security logs, user behavior, environment metrics, and traffic flows to identify anomalies, security events, and compromised assets
- Helping to design and build analytical algorithms based on machine learning and trend identification efforts
- Participate in security documentation and reporting efforts to better improve overall compliance of the environment
- Support the security team in their daily activities focusing on implementing technical solutions, maintaining security infrastructures, and building cyber security automation procedures.
- Working with other team members to ensure the security posture throughout is maintained throughout the environment using vulnerability assessment tools, patch management, and log aggregation/analysis
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline
- Information Security knowledge and/or experience
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate project status, issues and resolutions in a team environment
Everyday we support national security missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps). At Stratus, you will feed your ambition, work amongst others who share your passions and enjoy truly meaningful work. We offer autonomy, encourage big ideas and provide the tools you need to cultivate your growth. Join our talented team that includes Cloud Engineers, Software Developers, Infrastructure Engineers and DevOps professionals and help us solve some of the most complex problems faced by both the public and private sector.