Professional Services - Fulton, MD | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to enable your career.
What you will do:
As the Finance Manager, you will own the management of the financial accuracy and health of Stratus. The main responsibilities will focus on, accounts payable, accounts receivable, management of indirect expenditures, statutory reporting and ADHOC reporting. Additionally, the Finance Manager will be responsible for the correct reporting to the Management team of the company P&L, balance sheet and generation of financial statements.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A Self Starter: Your ability to solve problems quickly, with excellent attention to detail, communication and organization skills.
- A leader: You will not only lead the finance team, but you will need to provide key information to aid the company in making business decisions.
- Detailed: Your attention to detail and knowledge of current regulations is needed to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- An Excel whiz: Your ability to create and maintain a verity of financial reports that utilize information from multiple sources and create formats that are presentable to other departments and company leadership.
- A Collaborator: You will collaborate with the Company Officers, Contracts Department and Program Managers to maintain an accurate financial profile for the company.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have)
- 10+ years of experience in managing corporate finance.
- Leadership and supervisory experience.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in related discipline.
- Extensive background in maintaining and using a DCAA compliant Government Accounting systems, preferably Unanet.
- Advanced knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley audit and reporting requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Extensive background in financial analysis and financial reconciliations.
- Full knowledge of year-end tax reporting.
- Due to the nature of the work performed, a US citizenship is required.
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation, amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank overtime hours for additional time off or extra compensation (must met additional criteria for cash-out).
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open door policy.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.