DevOps Engineer - TS Clearance
Cloud DevOps Engineering | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
The USAF F-22 Program has chosen Stratus to lead the design, implementation, and integration of multiple cloud-based environments for its internal use. This effort affords all team members the unique opportunity of working with bleeding edge cloud computing technologies in a multitude of environments and Amazon Web Services regions. This is a brand-new effort for Stratus and F-22 so we are entering on the ground floor – which gives us the complete freedom to architect a complete solution from beginning-to-end based on our recommended design considerations, best practices, and requirements from the customer. Since we are the sole integrators for this effort, we will be responsible for architecting and implementing all parts of the solution including cloud-based networking, infrastructure evolution, robust security, and process automation activities.
Stratus Solutions is also in the unique position of having been the lead integrator of similar cloud-centric solutions for other government clients and has access to a collaborative staff of cloud computing SMEs for knowledge transfer and support throughout the company. Stratus was explicitly sought out for this effort because of our AWS expertise, our ability to engineer innovative cloud solutions, and our close-knit partnership with AWS.
Your Mission: Expand your cloud DevOps skillset with exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Enhance your current DevOps skillset by disrupting traditional workflows and processes using AWS technologies. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build a nationwide cloud presence within the DoD for unclassified software development. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with AWS services, and the underlying operating systems themselves, to efficiently improve security automations, aid collaboration efforts with software engineers, and streamline infrastructure processes.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities
- Use open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project
- Use coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help build and stand up a game-changing development environment.
- Well-rounded: You will need to bring in-depth experience across multiple technologies including scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments.
- Expertise with Linux configuration management and system administration.
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- Due to the nature of the Federal contract for which this specific position will be assigned to, candidates are required to have US citizenship.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Active TS clearance required
Nice to have:
- AWS experience preferred, but not mandatory. At a minimum, you should have an understanding/ knowledge of AWS architectures, capabilities, and services
- AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or SysOps Administrator Associate Certification
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes.
- Experience with configuring and deploying containers.
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits that include top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should hire those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success, further their expertise and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open-door policy.