Developer Needs and System Integration Lead - TS Clearance
Systems Engineering/Administration | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
The USAF F-22 Program has chosen Stratus to lead the design, implementation, and integration of multiple cloud-based environments for its internal use. This effort affords all team members the unique opportunity of working with bleeding edge cloud computing technologies in a multitude of environments and Amazon Web Services regions. This is a brand-new effort for Stratus and F-22 so we are entering on the ground floor – which gives us the complete freedom to architect a complete solution from beginning-to-end based on our recommended design considerations, best practices, and requirements from the customer. Since we are the sole integrators for this effort, we will be responsible for architecting and implementing all parts of the solution including cloud-based networking, infrastructure evolution, robust security, and process automation activities.
Stratus Solutions is also in the unique position of having been the lead integrator of similar cloud-centric solutions for other government clients and has access to a collaborative staff of cloud computing SMEs for knowledge transfer and support throughout the company. Stratus was explicitly sought out for this effort because of our AWS expertise, our ability to engineer innovative cloud solutions, and our close-knit partnership with AWS.
Your Mission: Help architect and design complex computing environments using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
You will be given the opportunity to help to design and build advanced technical solutions within cloud-based environments based on the results of customer requirements gathering initiatives. This position is a golden opportunity for a system engineer to architect a complex environment from a clean slate based on specific missions identified by the client. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with the customer, your technical team members, project leadership, and AWS services to create a secure, scalable, reliable software development environment.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Help to identify and solidify customer requirements for projects/tasks
- Deliver articulate and effective briefings/presentations on complex security, infrastructure, and networking topics
- Create relevant documentation to aid in successful engineering planning and execution efforts
- Provide architecture support to technical team leads and staff
- Advise team leadership and government stakeholders on the feasibility of potential future projects and solutions
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A “technology translator”: You will be bridging the gap between both technical and non-technical audiences and must be able to speak to each in a language they understand.
- Big Picture thinker with execution know-how: You will need to understand the customer’s overarching high-level goals as well as the goals of each individual team.
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help to design and plan out a game-changing development environment from the ground up.
- Motivated: You are a self-starter who is eager to learn new techniques, methodologies, technologies, and best practices for system implementations.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Able to understand and explain technical subject matter to non-technical and highly technical audiences.
- Experience analyzing proposed capabilities, recommends COAs, and develops solutions to address areas of concern for shortfalls.
- Able to develop concept papers, technical white papers, and related documentation detailing cybersecurity practices for solution implementation throughout DoD.
- Experience analyzing customer requirements, designing high-level system architectures, creating system requirements specifications, and authoring CONOPs documents.
- Experience conducting briefings to a variety of audiences and convey information in a clear and articulate manner.
- Able to develop and deliver articulate and effective briefings/presentations on complex topics as applicable to assigned projects to any size audience that may include high-level decision makers.
- Able to create a positive client support experience and build relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution.
- Experience with technical project management activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- Due to the nature of the Federal contract for which this specific position will be assigned to, candidates are required to have US citizenship.
- Active TS clearance
- Ability to travel up to 20%-40% for initial requirements gathering.
Nice to have:
- AWS experience preferred, but not mandatory. At a minimum, you should have an understanding/ knowledge of AWS architectures, capabilities, and services
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- Experience operating within IC or DoD environments.
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits that include top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should hire those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success, further their expertise and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open-door policy
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.