Professional Services | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to "empower" your career.
Your Mission: Engineer NextGen Cloud-Based Environments at scale!
Play a key role in the deployment, integration and ongoing development of Cloud Service Provider (CSP)-based environments, using Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Well-rounded: You will need to bring in-depth experience across multiple and varying technologies including cloud and virtualization tools, Windows/Linux operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Technical curiosity: Eager to learn new things, work with new technologies, not be afraid to shift when needed.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 5+ years with hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Proven experience with Windows and Linux configuration and system administration.
- Automation experience using languages such as Python or Power Shell.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Experience or interest in reliable architectures and automating infrastructures.
- Familiarity with network protocols and security.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong analytic abilities.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical discipline.
- Due to the nature of the Federal contract to which this position is assigned, candidates are required to have U.S. citizenship in order to obtain a security clearance.
What We Will Provide in Return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits including top of the line Carefirst PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee-centric culture and a belief that we should hire those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open-door policy.
If you think you might be a good fit for this role, we encourage you to apply. A member of our recruiting team will be in touch with you within 48 hours of your application.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.