AWS Web Application Developer
Professional Services - Fulton, MD | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus Solutions, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to “empower” your career.
Your Mission: Software Prototyping and Development
This Python developer position will work along-side researchers to build the AWS infrastructure, SQL database back-end, Python middle-tier, and even the JS front-end of a brand new application from the ground up! Strong Python skills are required, but anyone with an interest in learning the AWS-side is strongly encouraged to apply; we'll teach you!
You will excel in this role if you have:
- The ability to work independently
- An innate desire to create and evolve various prototypes and products
- A love of programming and a knack for coding and scripting
- Desire to work with emerging technologies and learn new tools
- A problem solving nature
- Ability to change directions and work on the fly
What we are expecting from you (i.e., the qualifications you must have):
- 2-4 years AWS architecture and implementation
- 3-5 years of Python & web development experience
- 1+ years of writing REST endpoints (Flask preferred)
- Database design/programming using Python (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Alchemy (ORM), etc.)
- Experience using Git for source control
- Due to the nature of the work performed, a US citizenship is required.
Nice to haves (not required)
- 1-2+ years of AWS system administration (EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, etc.)
- 1-2+ years of Docker experience
- 1-2+ years of front-end experience in Angular or React
- AWS Developer Associate, AWS SysOps Associate, AWS Architect Associate (or a willingness to earn any of these!)
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation, spectacular benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and 90% of dependent premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should reward those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and interactive learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open door policy.
If you think you might be a good fit for this role, we encourage you to apply. Once you have applied, a member of our recruitment team will be in touch within 48 hours.