Hospitality | St. Helena, CA | Full Time
Stony Hill, an iconic Napa Valley pioneer since 1951, nestled on the slopes of Spring Mountain, is seeking Wine Educators to elevate our hospitality program. It is a rare and unique opportunity to be part of a small team looking to make an impact in the world of wine. We are a tight-knit work family, passionate about wine, hospitality, and the pursuit of excellence. Our wines are all estate-grown and the hospitality house and office are surrounded by the vineyards and located next to the historic winery, offering opportunities to truly interact with the land and the winegrowing.
The Wine Educator will oversee every aspect of our guests’ experience, working alongside the Hospitality Manager to execute the highest levels of service and hospitality. The Wine Educator will be the brand ambassador of Stony Hill Vineyard, guiding guests through tours and tastings, to share its deep and pioneering history as well as what sets it apart as one of the most unique sites in Napa Valley.
Role and Responsibilities
- Welcome guests to Stony Hill. Lead independent tours of the property and tastings while executing the highest levels of hospitality.
- Knowledge and ability to perform high quality wine service.
- Expected to develop a complete knowledge of Stony Hill Vineyard’s history and current practices of winemaking, farming and vineyard management.
- Comfortable in the execution of all hospitality preparation tasks: cleaning the hospitality house and grounds, setting up and breaking down all tastings, washing and polishing glassware and all related service materials.
- Quick problem-solving initiative without being prompted.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment that will change as the team grows.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 3+ years working within a luxury wine hospitality environment and/or a luxury restaurant.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Must be willing to work weekends.
- WSET or CMS certification preferred but not necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Commerce7 or equivalent POS systems.
- Activities required include standing, walking, regularly lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package is competitive. Additional benefits include health, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) program with employer match, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO), and paid holidays.
We invite qualified applicants to submit a resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.