Transportation | Garland, TX | Full Time
The promise of a connected future requires increasingly complex networks that are capital intensive to build. Stonecrop Technologies leverages software, mobile technology and supply chain expertise to reduce the cost and time required to develop, build and maintain telecommunications networks.
Established in 2001, Stonecrop continues to disrupt the way communications networks are deployed through a system of coordinated software applications and processes that align network design, supply chain, and installation. Stonecrop operates a national integrated logistics network with nearly 2 million square-feet of distribution space across 90+ U.S. cities.
We are an established company with a start-up culture; successful because we know how to shake things up, ask the difficult questions, and collaborate with our clients to break industry paradigms. Our employees embody our company values: teamwork, innovation, and self-directed initiative.
Reporting to the Manager, Network Logistics, the Transportation Supervisor is a key team member responsible for maintaining carrier and customer relationships while supporting the achievement of performance targets for the Stonecrop transportation network.
What you’ll do:
- Will work closely with Third Party Logistics provider to resolve any carrier, customer and or CSR related issues as well as assisting on all related transportation matters.
- Manage logistics network to ensure customer delivery performance is maintained at the contracted service level, make sure carriers adhere to the dock schedule, ensure core carriers are within standard in all lanes
- Work with Third Party Logistics provider on establishing a carrier rate structure and is accountable for actual freight cost vs budget and carrier routing compliance
- Work with Third Party Logistics provider to onboard and review current/prospective carriers re: service or compliance issues or changing needs
- In conjunction with Third Party Logistics provider evaluate prospective carriers and possible addition to the core carrier group
- Facilitate the execution of changes and activities needed to support continuous improvement
- Facilitate the development of new processes within the transportation organization and communicate and train employees as needed
- Participates in customer visits as needed and assists with customer communications.
- Partners with Planning, Production and Customer Service to ensure customer orders and needs are met according to plan.
- Lead, coach and develop transportation coordinators for future and current business needs
- Fill out peer and employee evaluations, and meet with employees to discuss results
- Complete, update and run various reports to monitor metrics and opportunities
- Runs daily, weekly and monthly KPI Reports, updates shared files.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain or other relevant field
- 5 or more years of experience in transportation, including 2 or more year’s supervisory experience, multi-mode exposure, negotiations, and network facilitation
- Prior experience in the telecomm industry desired, automotive or light manufacturing preferred
- Experience with WMS systems and Transportation Management Systems
- Knowledge of various modes of transportation (LTL, TL, Parcel, Air freight)
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Word and PowerPoint and experienced analysis capabilities utilizing Excel and Access
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to reach win-win solutions with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated success leading, motivating and coaching individuals and teams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to build relationships
- Demonstrated success in project management, problem solving, continuous improvement and achieving metrics
- Excellent follow-up skills with a customer focused approach
- Strong work ethic with the ability to travel up to 25% regionally and nationally for vendor, customer and internal meetings