Transportation Billing Coordinator
Finance | Garland, TX | Full Time
Stonecrop Technologies, LLC is expanding… and FAST! We seek the ideal candidate to join our team of passionate transportation, logistic and manufacturing professionals who live for constant innovation of Supply Chain.
The Billing Coordinator is a self-motivated, detailed oriented individual. Using their exceptional organization and communication skills, this person will be responsible for auditing invoices by the transportation providers against rates on file with those carriers. Using Transportation Management Systems to review and analyze data, this person will research and record variances and reconcile with other systems, correcting price and payment.
Stonecrop Technologies is a wireless Systems Integrator that provides state-of- the-art wireless network deployment software and services to cellular carriers and governmental entities.
Since 2001, Stonecrop has transformed cellular and microwave deployments through a system of coordinated tools and processes that align design, supply chain, and installation. Working at a national level, Stonecrop delivers solutions by speeding the build and upgrade of carrier networks, and improving performance.
- Review all domestic carrier freight bills for accuracy by comparing published carrier rates found in Transportation Management System to actual freight bills received.
- Identify and correct any errors discovered on carrier freight bills based on published rates and accessorial charges.
- Maintain accurate data in the fuel tables in the Transportation Management System by referencing the published national average price and revising data in fuel tables to ensure accuracy on a weekly basis.
- Monitor internal audit process to ensure timely flow of information from Transportation Management System to Accounts Payable.
- Reference and audit for additional sources of information as necessary such as BOLs, PODs, carrier tracking websites, and any other sources of current information and market trends.
- Proactively communicate with carriers and Accounts Payable on weekly payments processed.
- Monitor age and status of open freight bills and follow up with appropriate action.
- Document and maintain electronic and paper records of all communications to ensure audit processes have required supporting data and records.
- Frequently communicate with carriers, distribution centers, third party vendors, brokers, and accounting partners on rates, shipments, and required documentation.
- Maintain current knowledge of changes with internal operating procedures and systems.
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2-3 years related work experience, preferably in Transportation Billing or Accounting.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office required with experience in Access Preferred.
- Must have experience with accounts payable or freight payments.
- Knowledge or experience of Transportation Management System (TMS) and SAP preferred.
- Highly detail oriented and analytical skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, and take initiative.
- Excellent phone skills and approach to resolving issues.