Supply Chain Engineer
Supply Chain | Columbus, OH | Full Time
Help us get things where they need to be. They need to get there faster, more efficiently, and more cost effectively in rain, sleet or snow.
Supporting our supply chain planning process, your innovative solutions to solve supply chain problems will will drive growth, lower cost, improve service and enhance operational effectiveness.
Come work on challenging and exciting projects in the cellular and microwave telecom space where our mission is scaling our business and driving solutions the bigger, better, fast way.
- Works on extremely complex and multi-dimensional solutions for multiple customers
- Applies company methodologies and tools to design distribution and/or transportation operations
- Actively supports the supply chain process and creates high quality solutions and designs
- Provides proposal and presentation support and development
- Makes Supply Chain strategy recommendations
- Effectively interacts with customers, Sales, and Operations to create value propositions
- Collaborates with Engineering and Operations Managers to implement efficient and competitive solutions
- Manages multiple and complex Supply Chain projects
- Collects data and perform statistical analysis
- Provide analytical support for development of operational pricing and transportation solutions.
- Collaborate with Operations and Sales to define client requirements and solution alternatives.
- Recommend continuous improvement opportunities for existing clients
- Work closely with Engineering and Purchasing to determine the best opportunities to serve our customers
- Present internal and external solutions to NFI operations and customer leadership
- Masters Degree in Industrial Engineering highly desired.
- Supply Chain, Information Systems, or other quantitative field of study a plus
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in any of the following areas; transportation management, distribution center management, materials handling, decision support systems and technology
- Knowledge of transportation operations
- Data management and manipulation skills
- Programming skills to manipulate large data-sets
- Experience with routing and transportation optimization software
- Strong financial conceptual skills
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications
- Demonstrated data manipulation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Experience with supply chain technology (Appian, JDA, LLamasoft, Manugistics).
- Understanding of optimization and/or simulation algorithms
- Database skills, especially through SQL or Access
- Knowledge in: VBA, Python, R, Matlab, Java, C++, or C# is a major plus
We offer competitive medical, dental, vision and wellness benefits that give you choices and a 401(k) plan to help you reach your ultimate retirement goals.